Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th September 2009, 10:30 AM

Default Gate numbers at YSSY

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and would like to ask a few questions.

1. Does anyone know how I can get hold of gate numbers used at YSSY international terminal by aircraft 5 years ago?

I have tried Airservices Australia, but am told that they only hold such information for about 1 month.

2. How are gate numbers assigned? My understanding is that this detail is released to the airline many hours before the aircraft lands so that departing passengers can be directed to wait at the correct gate.

3. Does anyone know who (ie organisation) assigns the gate numbers used by international aircraft.

Cheers,

Adrian_B
Old 28th September 2009, 11:06 AM

Adrian,

You could try SACL, however experience tells me that you will probably be hard pushed finding anyone who would retain this information from that far back. Unless it was for a legal requirement the best you might be able to hope for would be 3-6 months.
Old 28th September 2009, 11:02 PM

gate allocations is typically set in consideration of the gate's size, aerobridge, airline preference, walking distance etc. SACL is the organisation that allocates gates on a daily basis.

One could look at some aerial photos of the international photos and found out some info from there