Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 7th August 2008, 05:35 PM

Default QF A380 delivery date announced

QANTAS ANNOUNCES A380 DELIVERY DATE

SYDNEY, 7 August 2008: Qantas announced today that it would take delivery of its first A380 aircraft on 19 September 2008.

The Executive General Manager of Qantas, Mr John Borghetti, said the airline would welcome its first A380 aircraft into the Qantas fleet at a ceremony at Airbus’ Toulouse factory and fly it via Singapore to Sydney, where it will land on Sunday morning, 21 September.

Mr Borghetti reconfirmed that Qantas would operate its first A380 commercial passenger service from Melbourne to Los Angeles on 20 October 2008, and its first Sydney-Los Angeles service on 24 October. “This is the first of 20 A380s to join the Qantas fleet, with a total of three being delivered by the end of 2008,” he said. “We will be progressively introducing A380 services from Sydney to London via Singapore from early 2009.”

Mr Borghetti said the Qantas A380 would offer the airline’s customers the best cabin design in the sky. “Our Creative Director, world-renowned industrial designer Marc Newson, has overseen the design and development of all four classes on board – First, Business, Premium Economy and Economy – and all cabins will provide new levels of comfort, innovation, and style,” Mr Borghetti said.

“The A380 is an exciting addition to the Qantas fleet, and our customers and staff are all eagerly awaiting its arrival.”
Old 7th August 2008, 05:57 PM

Is it confirmed that it will be doing some kind of tour to airports other than syd and mel?
Old 7th August 2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis View Post
Is it confirmed that it will be doing some kind of tour to airports other than syd and mel?
Rhys

I copied and pasted Qantas's media release above...there appears to be no mention of a city tour...
Old 7th August 2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McLaughlin View Post
Rhys

I copied and pasted Qantas's media release above...there appears to be no mention of a city tour...
I know that <snip>

There was talk a few months back that it might be touring some other states and visiting...just wondering if that was confirmed as going ahead or has been canned, if anyone knows.

(Drop the eye rolling, Rhys, or you're outta here. Andrew was simply pointing out the origin of the media release. -mod)
Old 7th August 2008, 06:56 PM

Default Qf A380

I had heard that It might do a training flight to ADL.

My Stuff on the web
http://www.ryanhothersall.net/
Old 7th August 2008, 08:00 PM
Banned

The aircraft will will undergo some proving sorties prior to EIS. This will involve ground and air training.

It is confidential at this time, but will be made public in due course.
Old 7th August 2008, 08:00 PM

September 21 firmly imprinted in the diary.
Old 7th August 2008, 08:21 PM
Prolific Member

First day shift back after holidays...a complete coincidence.
Old 7th August 2008, 08:38 PM

Very coincidental there Nigel. Might also be a coincidence if you had a camera with you too
Old 7th August 2008, 08:59 PM
Prolific Member

No chance of that happening unless it's the company one used for company business.
I don't like the chances.
Closed Thread