Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd February 2011, 06:09 PM

Article in the Voyuer magazine for Feb stated that 4 will arrive this year - i think the article said mid 2011 - will read it again tommorow night to check so on that basis one would assume they have made a decision as to type.

I have flown on Thai Airways ATR's - very much doubt there is icing issues for the Thai ATR fleet - was Bangkok to Nakon Si Thammarat in the South. There was no terminal - the plane just pulled up alongside a fence line next to a car park!
Old 2nd February 2011, 06:39 PM

If you consider to look at the ATR order book, there are 20 "undisclosed" aircraft orders to be announced. Place your bets ladies and gentlemen
Old 3rd February 2011, 08:45 AM

Wow... ATR's... hot stuff!

YUCK!
Old 6th February 2011, 02:41 AM

I believe the purchase price is a bit lower than the Q400 so that maybe the deciding factor for Virgin Blue.
Old 6th February 2011, 11:53 AM

I believe a buyer has been found for the 170's and will be announced around the 23rd or 24th of this month, as well as a few other things
Old 18th February 2011, 09:50 AM

New E70 schedule effective March 10. Changes include an evening CBR-HBA overnighting in HBA and an early morning HBA-CBR. TSV-ROK down to 3 per week, sharing with TSV-OOL down to 4 per week. SYD-ROK down to 4 per week also. Only 7 of the 8 CBR-SYD will be E70, the other E90.
Old 18th February 2011, 10:15 AM

I think you will find these changes are due to the first 170 leaving in the first week of march. Get your photos quick as all 170s will be leaving sooner rather than latter.
Old 18th February 2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain C View Post
New E70 schedule effective March 10. Changes include an evening CBR-HBA overnighting in HBA and an early morning HBA-CBR. TSV-ROK down to 3 per week, sharing with TSV-OOL down to 4 per week. SYD-ROK down to 4 per week also. Only 7 of the 8 CBR-SYD will be E70, the other E90.
Interesting new schedule. From Townsville point of view, I am confused with the operation of the E170 on the new schedule. TSV-CBR does not change, and TSV-CNS goes from six per week to a daily service but the time now is so much better. Instead of the early 6.30am departure to CNS, flight now departs TSV at 2.20pm, with a CNS departure back to TSV at 3.45pm. I feel this time will be a much more popular choice for travelers.

TSV-OOL is actually 3 per week (Mo, We, Sa) with TSV-ROK 4 per week (Tu, Th, Fr, Su). Seems the TSV-ROK flight departs TSV at 5.10pm then from ROK continues onto SYD (hence ROK-SYD now 4 per week).

This is what is confusing me. The TSV-CBR service remains the same 9.15am departure out of TSV. The original schedule had the E170 overnight in TSV, operate the early morning TSV-CNS-TSV flight before heading off to CBR.

I cannot see in the schedules where the E170 overnights in TSV anymore and the earliest arrival into TSV for the E170 is 10.05am from CBR? Were does the E170 come from that operates the DJ1888 service from TSV to CBR at 9.15am?
Old 18th February 2011, 12:01 PM

Regarding the new CBR-HBA times, this makes a lot more sense than the current lunch time departure from HBA. An early morning departure will most certainly suit politicians and business people from Hobart. The evening return flight to HBA would also be more appealing.
Old 18th February 2011, 06:06 PM

Looks like the new schedule needs five aircraft with pretty full days. Two aircraft overnight in MEL, and one in each of CBR, SYD and HBA, so none in TSV for you Dave! The CBR-TSV can't possibly be operated by E70. Either it will be canned or alternatively operated by E90 or 737, but that would require rejigged timings. Under the old rotation, an E70 operated MEl-CBR-TSV-..., but under the new rotation operates MEL-CBR-MEL-MQL-... .

Yes Ryan, new timings are far better on CBR-HBA. Shame DJ seem top be canning the early HBA-SYD and evening SYD-HBA E90 service from March 10 also. Borghetti is going after the business market but he's throwing away a monopoly on day return trips HBA-SYD! They have the aircraft availability to operate it with an E70 under the new rotation, but obviously not the manpower.

Maybe the 330 will operate HBA-SYD-PER-SYD-HBA