Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th June 2008, 06:55 PM

Yep, from MEL.
Old 8th June 2008, 11:59 PM

thanks Adam. Luckliy, forgot to check the schedules and was driving round to the back of the shopsmart outlet thing next to the run about 10ish on sat morning - and what comes in??

A TIGER!!! I was so excited made the other 3 people in the car go and park whilst i was taking photos of it coming in...Then as we were walking out and saying about driving round to the other side of the airport to get a closer view, it started movign(10.50ish) and out she came...funny cause it was a good time to get some photos with other movements happening VB, QF and a qantaslink..Will check the photos in the morning and post if there are some good ones!
Old 12th July 2008, 11:48 PM

Thumbs up

An update.

The Qantas Administration area has been opened up and the new toilet block has been opened aswell. The men's is abit of a maze, with walls everywhere and many corners.

The new taxi rank now has TV's to entertain waiting patrons with the musings of BBC world news.

Road construction on the surrounding roads is well underway, and those visiting be pre warned of road closures and traffic buildup in the area, especially in the peak periods.

And on a side note aero care recieved a new pushback truck this evening which was being unloaded in the taxi queue outside the Qantas Staff Carpark. Somebodyvwanted to show off their new toy to the competition perhaps?
Old 10th August 2008, 08:07 PM

A New ticketing office has opened for Qantas, which is next to the Rental Cars and Baggage Services has been moved with a temporary desk installed near Gate G.

Canberra Airport has also released plans for a second stage of Terminal Works, where roads will be changed and cut short (For example Termincal Cct will no longer travel as far as the virgin entrance, and instead cut through the carpark). When I find the map I picked up I will scan it and post it here.
Old 11th August 2008, 10:34 AM

http://www.canberraairport.com.au/roads.htm
Old 11th August 2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Sloan View Post
Pity the plan PDF doesn't work. The animatied version works though. One thing that caught my eye which is bloody stuipd is traffic from the QBN direction will need to cross airport to city bound traffic at grade. You would think that after all the effort they are going to to make it mostly grade seperated they would have done this little bit of road too. Looking at the 'picture' it wouldn't have been too hard to do it either.
Old 12th August 2008, 05:47 PM

For anyone looking for Tiger's arr-dep times at Canberra, I looked in on Saturday 2nd, expecting a 10ish arrival. Dissapointingly Tiger had already landed 0930, and was taxxing to its terminal point on the southern edge of the terminal. I stayed around the Factory Outlet carpark until it departed a tad after 1030.
Are these just weekend schedule times, or have they amended their daily schedule?
Old 12th August 2008, 06:45 PM

As of Monday, Tiger have 2 daily flights to/from Melbourne at new times - the morning flight is earlier and now there is a late afternoon/evening service as well. Times do vary on weekends - your best bet is to check the timetable on their website.
Old 18th November 2008, 02:13 PM

The road diversions of Tyson Drive and Terminal Cct are now in place to begin construction of the carpark and eventually the new terminal. The road now curves right after the Departures Entrance for Qantas. Airliner bus services are now near the temporary walkway where the road curves.

On the Qantas side of things, The Chairmans Lounge re-development has been completed, and the 'Private' lounge (As it was signed) up the ramp on the upper level has now been opened as a Business Lounge. On the down side of the ramp which leads to the Business Lounge is a brand new Aerobridge, one of the fancy driveable bridges (Made by FMC Jetway Systems) and is not fixed as per the current bridges at Canberra Airport, both Virgin and Qantas. When you taxi past, you will see it inbetween Gate 11 and Gate 6.

In the centre section of the terminal a Hudson's Coffee was opened a few months ago, they make a mean cup of joe, along with construction work beind the old Impulse counters. The area to the gate lounges on the virgin and Tiger side of the terminal have now been siged as PASSENGERS ONLY. This is from what I have heard due to peak period overcrowding, however I think it may take some business away from the Bar upstairs which caters for travelling patrons of the terminal, and their guests. Hopefully this policy will not be adopted within the new terminal.

And the Taxi Rank TV's (With one going missing every now and then) seem to have stopped playing BBC World News and have degraded themselves to playing Fox News. Every now and then you walk past and it is on Sky, maybe CNN. However it boils my blood to have Fox News playing, when they soley focus on America. Canberra Airport if you do happen to read this, most passengers do not want Fox News they want Sky News which is something more relevent to this country. Even BBC and CNN which play some interetsing news pieces and focus on news not often seen is more relevant.

On Pialligo Avenue the road has been tarred, the lights are up and the two roundabouts are being flattened to created Traffic Lights (Cnr Pialligo and Monaro Hwy Alt 23 have got thier lights up, ready for medians to be created).
Old 22nd November 2008, 10:41 PM

Here are some photos from the Construction around the Airport. The Roundabout at Morshead Dr, Pialligo Ave and Dairy Road (Alt23 extension, Monaro Hwy) is now traffic lights.

The above two are of the Construction of Pialligo Ave. The Bridge has been completed, exits are nearing completion and lines have been layed for the stage when they close off the current road to re construct

This photo is of the Construction of the Multi Storey Carpark, which replaces Terminal Cct and the old Carpark

The Above two are of the Terminal Cct Deviation with relocated bus stop and a temporary walkway. The Deviation begins about 1 quarter of the way down the terminal building outside Qantas, Terminal Cct no longer serves the Virgin Blue/Tuger end (Ex Ansett) of the terminal.