Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th January 2010, 11:17 PM

Dan - I loved it and Niel, I got my missus to divert her attention from 'The Girls of the Playboy Mansion' or some Gordon Ramsay show to watch for a few minutes and she enjoyed it as well.

My Highlights were the shot from the fence at the beach of VH-OEJ, the United crew waving (my son loved it), The Pope's Alitalia at Richmond and the Air Tahiti Nui A340 which we don't seem to get anymore (just an observation board ****s, maybe there was already a thread about Tahiti Nui).

Daz
Old 10th January 2010, 11:38 AM

Dan,
That video was really amazing, congrats. Can't wait for a turboprop one and to see if it can out-do the one you just produced. I have to admit with everyone that has posted comments, planes are truly amazing machines to photograph thus making it my number 1 hobby!!

Jayden
Old 11th January 2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Chan View Post
is the area in the 1:00 minute mark of the video still accessible? I assume it is the grassy hill area next to the spot where they keep the shipping containers?
Sorry D, I forgot what scene came up at 1:00. You are correct, this shot was taken on the entry road to the container 'terminal' storage area which gives awesome views for 16R landings, but also 34L departures (if you have a tripod or steady arms). I just shoot from the entrance driveway in this area to get these shots - not the grass beyond the fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Butterworth View Post
My Highlights were the shot from the fence at the beach of VH-OEJ, the United crew waving (my son loved it), The Pope's Alitalia at Richmond and the Air Tahiti Nui A340 which we don't seem to get anymore (just an observation board ****s, maybe there was already a thread about Tahiti Nui).

Daz
Cheers Daz. I love catching the crew waving or signalling to us. Doesn't happen all the time but it's a great moment to get - particularly on film. I think the video captures the variety and the awesome colours our airport gets to see - even though Air Tahiti Nui no longer fly here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden Laing View Post
Dan,
That video was really amazing, congrats. Can't wait for a turboprop one and to see if it can out-do the one you just produced. I have to admit with everyone that has posted comments, planes are truly amazing machines to photograph thus making it my number 1 hobby!!

Jayden
Thanks Jayden. I'll do my best to get working on something with propellers! But I'll want to make it as good as this one so don't hold your breath

In the meantime, anyone who might be interested in other videos I've shot, check out the 'Videos' link in my signature - these ones just don't feature music.

Dan

04/09/14 QF129 SYD-PVG A333 VH-QPG :: 08/09/14 CX367 PVG-HKG 77W B-KQO :: 13/09/14 QF128 HKG-SYD A388 VH-OQH
29/09/14 QF556 SYD-BNE 763ER VH-OGO :: 30/09/14 QF008 BNE-SYD 744ER VH-OEG