Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th February 2009, 04:26 PM

Default V Australia safety video

Howdy all

Maybe old news, maybe new news. In anyevent, the V Australia safety video has been uploaded to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkr2JLeorJ8

Regards

Luke/PER
Survived 1562 flights / 5407:43hrs / 2,431,608 miles
Now SQ, EK, QF, AF, EK, KE and CZ A380 compliant - MH next!
Old 13th February 2009, 04:46 PM

its new to me, thanks for sharing that luke.
its different than the ones i have previously seen.
thumbs up for me!
Old 13th February 2009, 05:24 PM

Thanks Luke, a great safety video!
Old 14th February 2009, 10:10 AM

Thanks, Luke! There are some good laughs in this video. Good on V Australia for taking a creative approach to it.
Old 14th February 2009, 10:43 AM

Thanks for sharing Luke
Old 14th February 2009, 12:23 PM

The safety cards onboard reflect the same "cartoon like" characters as in the video.

David.M.
Old 14th February 2009, 05:54 PM

personally, I think it's a little too light hearted.

I think alot of it could potentially distract passengers from the actual message of the video-SAFETY! However, I could be wrong

I feel Qantas's old safety demo was one of the best-the male voice was very firm and the whole demonstration was over much quicker than V Australia's-yet it still contained all the necessary info!

Anyway, my 2 cents...
Old 15th February 2009, 08:54 PM

Not bad, although I think that they will come up with a "short" version very quickly when they realise takeoffs are being delayed waiting for the video to finish.

Qantas has just changed their video as a result of some of the lessons learned from the recent incidents, and I would hope that V Aus will change their briefing to reflect some of these lessons.

The other thing I would change is that they "recommend" when seated you keep your seatbelt fastened. On Qantas it is a requirement, and I'm surprised V don't have the same policy.

Apart from those little things, good on them for being a little different. Not sure how the business traveller will take it... if he even watches it of course!
Old 16th February 2009, 02:36 AM

Think the video on the VS Hong Kong service is about that long as well, so it doesn't pretty matter.

However, I would be pretty surprising that they just mentioned that little for electronic equipments (even no examples given and no announcement to switch off your mobile phones) also a map to show the exit routes. Also they didn't indicate where is the exit when reduced lighting (for eg a red light or no lights etc)
Old 16th February 2009, 07:12 AM

Just had a look at the video Luke posted and think it is fantastic, it's witty, creative, full of Virgin stereotypes (the young, the trendy, the attractive etc) and entertaining. All the check boxes for a good short film have been ticked.

As a safety video, big thumbs down. It is almost trivialising the matter and I sure don't feel that my safety is their top priority. The credibility hit a low point when the credits started rolling at the end........ what's all that about?

The concept and use of animation is fine however it really needs to be "more to the point" for the benefit of ALL age demographics. Kids will see it as entertaining, safety isn't entertainment. The middle aged may think it's directed at the young and not pay as much attention as they should.

And I agree Arthur, how would I know when I have reached an exit? Will there be an overhead exit sign still attached to the mangled roof or will the floor escape lighting change from white to red?

That said, I like what V have to offer in terms of product, fares and alternative to the other carriers on the route.