Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Services and General > Admin and Feedback

Old 17th November 2012, 10:31 AM

Default Photos/Video Question

Hi guys,

Just wondering whether it would be possible to embed files into a post.

I want to write a trip report and want to upload some photos and videos from Skydrive, just like you would if you were writing a blog etc.

Would i just click insert link and copy the embeded code into the link or do i click insert image?
Old 17th November 2012, 12:27 PM
YSSY Forum Administrator

Hi George,

If you are hosting your images on a third party website like Flickr or PhotoBucket etc, you can paste the direct URL of the images into your post using the following method (remove all the spaces). Then the images will appear.

[ IMG ] http:// this is the url of your picture .jpg [ /IMG ]

Another way to do this is the click on the "Insert Image" (yellow mountain-looking icon on the tool bar) and then you can insert the URL of the image there and that will display the image in your post.

If you are not hosting your images on a third party website, then you will need to click the paper clip icon on the tool bar which is for "Attachments". Here you can add a nominated amount of photos directly from your computer to appear after your post.

For video, we do not provide any hosting functionality. So you must host your video files on a third party website like youtube or other. Then simply provide the youtube link in your post in the form of a URL, and then users can click the URL to take them to view the video.

At the end of all of this, you also have the option to preview your actual post before you click submit reply. So make sure you do this to ensure you are completely happy with the layout before you submit it

I hope this helps, and we look forward to the trip report.
Old 18th November 2012, 07:38 PM

Thanks Kurt,

Shame i cant use the embeding feature from SkyDrive. I have now set a up a photobucket account and busy uploading files.

Hopefully i have a report up soon.