Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th July 2010, 08:25 PM

Russell, do you fly with Stu? He was my instructor at the start of the year.

I'm at the uni, flying those ugly diamond things around, however, they are very nice on the inside :P
Old 4th July 2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
I'm at the uni, flying those ugly diamond things around, however, they are very nice on the inside :P
I'm always watching you guys land while we're in the run-up bay, in awe and envy at those nice Diamond things, and also the odd Citation that follows you in

G1000 inside? Or are they steam powered gauges, like the Piper Warriors I'm watching from?
Old 4th July 2010, 09:06 PM

haha yeah G1000. Going back to the warriors seems like a nightmare at the moment
Old 5th July 2010, 10:38 AM

No sorry Jason. My instructor is Chris Pearl, but I have seen Stu around quite a bit.

I'm guessing by uni you mean the UNSW BAv (Flying stream)??? Are you in the same year as Nick W or are you a third year??? I got accepted to the BAv (flying) but I ended up picking Medical Science instead.

Yeah Schoies recently added a DA20 and DA40 to our fleet, VH-DIV and VH-DUI if memory serves me right. They look pretty sleek, almost like a Cirrus. My dad always asks me why I still bother flying the C152s (VH-UAK and VH-JNB) when there are some nice new shiny birds available haha.

I'll probably finish my GFPT and PPL on the 152 before switching to the Warrior and then the Arrow (for the constant speed retractable u/c endorsement).
Old 5th July 2010, 03:48 PM

Yeah i'm in the same year as Nick. A lot of work this degree is, but it will pay off i hope