Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th April 2012, 02:59 PM

Default Pacific Aviation C208

Just wondering if anyone can provide details of routes that Pacific Aviation C208 aircraft use to fly out of Sydney in early 2000. I believe they had the newspaper contract.
Old 8th April 2012, 06:40 PM
Prolific Member

Gold Coast return during curfew.

It was the same run the Impulse B1900D's used to do.
Old 8th April 2012, 07:22 PM

Add BNA and CFS.
Old 8th April 2012, 08:43 PM
Prolific Member

Ah yes...forgot about those. That was a long time and a lot of nightshifts ago!
Old 8th April 2012, 10:42 PM

Thank you very much for the quick response guys. About to head off back to Reunion island for Air austral I have found this site to be one of the best as most people here are aviation fanatics and don't' have hidden agendas. Who knows one day I might be on final approach for runway ??? at Sydney's second airport. For now all I can say is Sydney has it's knockers and maybe I have been one of them but as far as I can see flying into Sydney is still ahead of Marseilles, CDG, and Orly.
Old 9th April 2012, 03:10 PM

Hi Guys,

I used to fly the Pacific Aviation 1900 and occasionally the Caravan. Both aircraft were to fly newspapers for Fairfax. The Van was intended to do SYD-CFS-SYD while the 1900 was to do SYD-BNK-OOL-BNE-SYD. This was to replace the Impulse 1900's (Impulse had been purchased by QANTAS and was operating as QANTASLink. The 1900's were being retired).

By the time the aircraft were on line the SYD-CFS-SYD was being done by road transport and the SYD-BNK-OOL-BNE-SYD load was occasionally beyond what could be uplifted by the 1900. Therefore the 1900 would either do the whole run or if necessary the Van would supplement it by taking either the BNE or OOL papers. This was every Sun to Thurs.

Additionally the Van did SYD-OOL-SYD on Friday nights and the 1900 did SYD-MEL-CBR-SYD on Saturdays.

Finally the Van also was also occasionally used for private flights for the Owner/CEO of Pacific Aviation when his helicopter was unavailable.
Old 9th April 2012, 06:33 PM

Back in the days when I worked at Impulse (in the 90's) one aircraft went SYD-BNK-CFS-KMP. The crew then got a few hours sleep at the Kempsy Hilton ie the terminal, whilst the seats were put back in. This aircraft and crew then operated the RPT KMP-PMQ-SYD. The other aircraft went SYD-OOL-SYD or SYD-BNK-OOL-SYD.

The owner of Pacific Avation was the same owner as Impulse.