Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th January 2009, 10:23 PM

When will the 1st, 2nd and 3rd be delivered.
Old 31st January 2009, 01:12 AM

Hi Oliver

Refer earlier discussions in this thread.

I believe that the original intention was for the first aircraft, VH-VOZ, to be handed over to V Australia on 26 January then it would be flown to Victorville for installation of special cabin features post Boeing handover. The aircraft is due to arrive in Australia on Monday, 9 February and the revised launch date for services to Los Angeles is 27 February - refer V Australia's website.

Initial services will be three per week, increasing to daily services from 20 March following the delivery of additional aircraft.

And according to Skyliner, -VOZ was flown to Victorville on 28 January and -VPD the following day for installation of the special cabin equipment. So the third aircraft won't be too far behind.

V Australia has also confirmed Wednesday 8 April 2009 as the revised launch date for direct Brisbane-Los Angeles flights, with three weekly direct flights to Los Angeles.
Old 31st January 2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
Hi Oliver

Refer earlier discussions in this thread.

I believe that the original intention was for the first aircraft, VH-VOZ, to be handed over to V Australia on 26 January then it would be flown to Victorville for installation of special cabin features post Boeing handover. The aircraft is due to arrive in Australia on Monday, 9 February and the revised launch date for services to Los Angeles is 27 February - refer V Australia's website.

Initial services will be three per week, increasing to daily services from 20 March following the delivery of additional aircraft.

And according to Skyliner, -VOZ was flown to Victorville on 28 January and -VPD the following day for installation of the special cabin equipment. So the third aircraft won't be too far behind.

V Australia has also confirmed Wednesday 8 April 2009 as the revised launch date for direct Brisbane-Los Angeles flights, with three weekly direct flights to Los Angeles.
Not to burst a bubble but the third frame hasn't flown yet so if it is anything like the first two, it could be a while although I anticipate only a few weeks.
Old 31st January 2009, 10:28 AM

Hi Scott

My bubble is fine thanks !!

It's no big deal as there's still nearly 11 weeks before services start from Brisbane to Los Angeles so I guess the third aircraft will be used on that route.

And when I was reading the V Australia website, I noticed Seattle as the second destination after Los Angeles. Have I missed something ?

Cheers

Bob
Old 31st January 2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
And when I was reading the V Australia website, I noticed Seattle as the second destination after Los Angeles. Have I missed something ?
Connection in LAX with Alaskan
Old 31st January 2009, 11:06 AM

Thanks Anthony.

Makes me wonder now whether all airlines and airports, for that matter, should differentiate codeshare flights by highlighting them with different colours as it can lead to confusion sometimes.
Old 31st January 2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
Hi Scott

My bubble is fine thanks !!

It's no big deal as there's still nearly 11 weeks before services start from Brisbane to Los Angeles so I guess the third aircraft will be used on that route.

Cheers

Bob
Bobby,
Glad to hear that
Seattle huh? Would be nice but as Anthony mentioned ..... connection only I imagine still. I think you will see a 787 SYD-SEA in the future with a 787 and only once the economy is stable.
Take care,
Scott.
Old 31st January 2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I think you will see a 787 SYD-SEA in the future with a 787 and only once the economy is stable.
If the 787 ever flies
Old 31st January 2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony T View Post
If the 787 ever flies
Ouch!

One day..... someday.
Old 31st January 2009, 04:44 PM

Yeah, the flight and delivery schedule has been up in the air far more than the aircraft itself.