Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th June 2009, 05:22 PM

Arthur,

With reference to your above post:

Seems you've gotten bad luck, but AVOD not working is not simply restricted to the 744, there are reports that even the 77W experiences problems (heaven forbid it's a machine and far from perfect). As for not being good enough, well to each their own (as they say).

If you're not satisfied with the AVOD, why not bring your own?

As SQ receive more "modern" aircraft the 744 will be phased off the SINSYD vv route and the aircraft utilised will be complete with "modern" AVOD...

If you suffer from sensitive hearing, why not consider buying noise cancelling headphones?

Failing all this, change your flight to the quieter more modern A380.
Old 14th June 2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur T View Post
2. I just wonder how come SQ still put those planes with old AVOD system (I mean the modern ones = those on B77W, even those on A380 are not good enough as those on B77W) to serve such a high profile route.
Both 77W and 388 use the SAME exact Panasonic eX2 IFE system.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:23 PM

Are the system on A388 & B77W are EXACTLY the same?

I think those on A388 does not have the quick search button, hence a little bit inconvenient. Those on B77W has that function that you can quickly reach the media item by entering the code.

I wish I could take the A388 service instead, but it departs too late and will make my connecting flight to be the next morning. The SQ Fabulous stopover makes me no problem to sleep overnight for that, but if there's a passenger sitting around me confirmed with Swine Flu, then I may need to be stranded in Singapore for 7 days. There's too risky to it though.

Hence unfortunately, I'd rather been suffering in the Boeing 747 then risking to be isolated 7 days.

Meanwhile they are having new planes in, why don't they refurnish some existing aircrafts like those B772ERs, B772s, B773s and B747s to new seats (same as those on B77W) that passengers can have equal quality of service as soon as possible?

I think if there's a passenger booked an F class on B77W flights and is treated with old version B744 or even wose a B772 with no flat bed, I doubt the passenger will be happy with this.
Old 16th June 2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur T
Hence unfortunately, I'd rather been suffering in the Boeing 747
WTF

Mate, you are seriously soft to put it mildly. Besides, the 747 upper deck in J IMHO is the best seat in any house regardless of new 3fatty, 777, et al.
Old 16th June 2009, 09:45 AM

Are the system on A388 & B77W are EXACTLY the same? YES even on the A330.

I wish I could take the A388 service instead, but it departs too late and will make my connecting flight to be the next morning. The SQ Fabulous stopover makes me no problem to sleep overnight for that, but if there's a passenger sitting around me confirmed with Swine Flu, then I may need to be stranded in Singapore for 7 days. There's too risky to it though. I think you need to do some research. As of now, Singapore has only 47 confirmed cases whereas Australia has 1307 confirmed cases. So if you want to avoid contracting Swine flu, i think you are better off in Singapore.

Meanwhile they are having new planes in, why don't they refurnish some existing aircrafts like those B772ERs, B772s, B773s and B747s to new seats (same as those on B77W) that passengers can have equal quality of service as soon as possible? I would suppose SQ only refurbish those older aircrafts according to demand and major checks. They will not ground aircraft for no reasons.
Old 16th June 2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Zheng View Post
Meanwhile they are having new planes in, why don't they refurnish some existing aircrafts like those B772ERs, B772s, B773s and B747s to new seats (same as those on B77W) that passengers can have equal quality of service as soon as possible? I would suppose SQ only refurbish those older aircrafts according to demand and major checks. They will not ground aircraft for no reasons.
B747's will be gone in about 6 months
B773's most will be upgrading shortly, but SQ has gone quiet on this recently
B772's SQ is selling/disposing of quite a few of these not sure how many will be left but they have A330s coming onboard and the B787 whenever she flies!
Old 22nd June 2009, 04:20 PM

SQ233 & SQ234 is back in force today with 9V-SWD.
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:46 PM

9V-SWA operated SQ233/234 yesterday; thought I was imagining things!
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:05 PM

Sorry, meant 9V-SWA operated these flights today!
Old 30th June 2009, 09:17 AM

Morning all,
Yesterday marked the beginning of B777's on SQ231-232. As mentioned earlier in this thread the for two weeks starting yesterday this flight will be operated by B777-200ER's.Then go to 77W's. Yesterday's was operated by 9V-SVO and today's is being operated by 9V-SVJ.

My Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53284949@N05/

Last edited by Stefan Perkas; 30th June 2009 at 05:52 PM.