Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd February 2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
It will be nice for the customers to have a nice new interior to fly to their destination in. Lie flat skybeds (finally) and maybe, fingers crossed, new bins etc.
Maybe the bins and wall panels will be updated as well?

This article states the B744 toilets will be updated during the upgrades/reconfig:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/f...-1225825792646

Thanks
Old 2nd February 2010, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
Agree most in business just want to get from A to B, with the ability to work and/or sleep and/or rest. Food & wine are just an added bonus.

So the current lie flat bed in J more than adequately provides these needs.

Corporate will not now use F, and won’t go back to First in the long term, especially on flights of less than 9 hours, i.e. Aussie-Asia

Then only ones in First are politicians, movie starts & lotto winners (but then politicians & movie starts have their own business jets, so all that is left is Lotto Winners)
And those on QF 'duty travel'
Old 2nd February 2010, 05:44 PM

Hi There

Most of the movie stars and other entertainers who don't have their own jets, are now on V Australia. (Well the younger one's anyway )

Quote:
so all that is left is Lotto Winners
If I ever won the lotto, I won't be spending it on QF First Class.

Anthony T

Last edited by Anthony T; 2nd February 2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Bad speeling and gramma
Old 2nd February 2010, 07:41 PM
Banned

Anthony Im quietly enjoying the killing QF are getting across the Pacific on Tues and Sat out of MEL, I was also told by someone who flew on SYD-LAX on the 28th of Jan with QF ont he A380 that the flight had 50 pax onboard total, whilst V was oversold
Old 3rd February 2010, 02:48 AM

Re Marty:
Only 50 pax on the A380!!

Surely Qantas must have been making a huge loss on that flight. But just wondering whether that's kinda one off or loadings is always been that bad. If that's latter I think Qantas will be better off to put those big birds on high demand routes such as BKK and HKG instead. At least if Qantas is deploying A380 to Hong Kong I will not need to change at Singapore and waste my time to avoid those airlines flying direct which either is dangerous or of poor service quality.

CX138 SYD-HKG
CX101 HKG-SYD
Old 3rd February 2010, 03:59 AM

Arthur, quite clearly they would have been one off's, also remember the 'figures' have come from a friend of a friend, passed onto us by someone who seems to have an axe to grind when it comes to Qantas.

As for your assertion that Qantas would be better off running A380's on 'higher' demand routes such as Bangkok or Hong Kong, I must you gotta be kidding. A route like Hong Kong is better served by smaller more frequent flights. As for Bangkok the demand for there is not that high. The only reason to run them through Bangkok is to increase capacity to London.
Old 3rd February 2010, 06:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur T View Post
Re Marty:
Only 50 pax on the A380!!

Surely Qantas must have been making a huge loss on that flight. But just wondering whether that's kinda one off or loadings is always been that bad. If that's latter I think Qantas will be better off to put those big birds on high demand routes such as BKK and HKG instead. At least if Qantas is deploying A380 to Hong Kong I will not need to change at Singapore and waste my time to avoid those airlines flying direct which either is dangerous or of poor service quality.

I would hope its a one off I have noticed some of thier A380 services out of MEL though are sometimes sub 200 or only around 250-260 pax
Old 3rd February 2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony T View Post
Hi There

Most of the movie stars and other entertainers who don't have their own jets, are now on V Australia. (Well the younger one's anyway )
that's what Branson and the companies he creates do...

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur T View Post
At least if Qantas is deploying A380 to Hong Kong I will not need to change at Singapore and waste my time to avoid those airlines flying direct which either is dangerous or of poor service quality.
I think you need to pull your head in a little bit champ!

Please, for everyones enjoyment list the airlines flying direct to VHHH ex-YSSY that are 1. Dangerous and 2. "of poor service quality"

You chose to fly via WSSS, so there's no point in whinging to the board that your time is being wasted because (for what ever reason) you chose not to fly direct to VHHH.

/END rant
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McDonald View Post
The cynic in me wonders how long it will be before the price of J moves closer to what F was and so on......
I guess, to be fair Greg, the quality of the product (J) today compares very favourably to the F of bygone eras. Especially the seat and features, etc if not the service. I share your cynicism though.

Re the number of pax on the 380, one might say that this vindicates the theory that point to point frequency is becoming more important than what hub and spoke has been in the past. Newer, longer ranged smaller twins (330, 777 et al) of course don't help the cause of the VLAs either.