Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd February 2010, 11:08 AM

Default Q claiming FF points

If I book a DJ flight and then they transfer me to a QF flight, do I earn QF points or DJ points ?
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:34 AM

DJ points as per your booking.

But there is nothing stopping you trying to "double dip" , it has happened before
Old 24th February 2010, 01:58 PM

Bugger.

Can someone explain to me this then....

If I pay for a flight for someone else to travel on, the person travelling earns the points, however in this instance I don't seem to earn points on a flight I did travel on, irrespective of who paid for it, and now I'm earning points for a flight I didn't even take.
Old 24th February 2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Chisholm View Post
If I pay for a flight for someone else to travel on, the person travelling earns the points, however in this instance I don't seem to earn points on a flight I did travel on, irrespective of who paid for it, and now I'm earning points for a flight I didn't even take.
As far as QF is concerned, they got money for your seat (err, bum). -->QF gives you points

As far as DJ is concerned, they got your money so they'll give you points. Them not being able to give you a seat is their problem, not yours. It's a small way to make the customer feel good. Imagine if DJ didn't give you points after inconveniencing you. You would have gotten a sample of Qantas and perhaps stayed with them for the future.
Old 25th February 2010, 10:59 AM

But QF isnt giving me points ? They said as DJ paid for it I should get DJ points.
Old 25th February 2010, 12:01 PM
Administrator

I had a somewhat related situation with accommodation provided by DJ due to a cancelled flight. My DJ MEL-SYD was cancelled and was the last of the day so they put me up at the Melbourne Airport Hilton and I flew out early the next morning on a DJ flight. I got my points from the actual DJ flight I took, not the original one I was booked on (I suppose because my booking was reissued and then boarding pass printed on the new flight). I enquired later with Hilton if I could claim points for the stay, but they replied that free stays booked by airlines do not qualify for points (fair enough).

In your case, you haven't travelled on your DJ flight so there are no records to record points and you haven't paid for the QF flight so likely no points.

It doesn't seem like a fair situation I know - but if you should get points from anyone it should be DJ and not QF. I would push the matter with DJ.
ABQ ABX ACV ADD ADL AKL ALB AMA AMS ANC ARN ATH ATL AUA AUH AUS AVL AVV AZA BCN BDL BFL BGO BGR BHD BHM BHQ BIL BIS BKI BKK BLD BLI BLV BNA BNE BOG BOI BOJ BOS BSB BTR BUF BUD BUR BWI BZE BZN CAI CBR CGK CHC CHS CLE CLT CMH CNS CNX COS CPH CPT CTG CTS CUE CUN CUZ CVG CXF CZM DAL DBO DCA DEN DFW DLH DOH DRW DSM DTW DUD DUR DXB ECP ELP EUG EWR EYW EZE FAI FAR FAT FCA FCO FLG FLL FNL FNT FRA FRS FSD FU'K FWA GCN GDL GDN GEG GGW GIG GJT GOT GRI GRR GRU GSP GTF GUA GVA GYE HAM HAN HBA HBE HEL HHH HKD HKG HLZ HND HNL HOU HRL HSV HVB IAD IAH ICN ICT IDA IND INV ISP IST ITM ITO JAB JAX JFK JNB JNU JOG JTR KEF KGC KIX KMI KMJ KMQ KOA KRK KTN KUL LAS LAX LBB LBE LEJ LFT LGA LGB LHR LIH LIM LIN LRD LST MAD MAF MAO MCI MCO MCT MCY MDE MDT MDW MEL MEM MEX MFE MFR MHU MIA MID MKE MNL MOB MOT MQL MRY MSN MSP MSY MTJ MTY MUC MVD MXP MZT NAN NAS NRT NTL OAG OAK OGG OKA OKC OMA OME ONT OOL ORD OSL OTZ OUI PAE PBG PDX PEK PER PHL PHX PIA PIT PLO PLZ PNH PSC PSG PSP PTY PVD PVG PVR PVU RAP RDD RDM RDU REC REP RIC RIX RNO ROC RSW SAL SAN SAT SAV SBA SBD SBN SBP SCK SCL SDF SDU SEA SFO SGF SGN SGU SHA SHV SIN SIT SJC SJD SJO SJU SLC SMF SMX SNA SOF SSA STL STS SUN SYD SYO SYR TIJ TLL TMW TPA TPE TSV TUL TUS TWF TYS VAR VIE VNO VPS WAW WDH WGA WLG WRG WVB XIY XNA YEG YHM YHZ YKM YOW YQB YQG YQM YTZ YUL YUM YVR YWG YXE YYC YYJ YYT YYZ ZRH

Next Trips:
29APR SYD-LAX-LAS AA
02-05MAY LAS-ATL-LIT-LAS WN
11-12MAY LAS-DEN/CYS-DEN-LAS UA
18-19MAY LAS-DFW-BRO/HOU-LAS AA/WN
25-27MAY LAS-GEG/MSO-LAS WN/G4
31MAY-03JUN LAS-JFK-LAS DL/B6
08-09JUN LAS-PDX-LAS AS
21-24JUN LAS-GJT-LAS G4
04-08JUL LAS-SEA-ANC-ADQ-ANC-SEA-LAS AS
17-18AUG LAS-SEA-KTN-SEA-LAS AS
29AUG-03SEP LAS-MSP-TVC-DFW-LAS SY/AA
28-29SEP LAS-DEN-LAS UA
08-11NOV LAS-EWR/BTV-ORD-LAS UA
Old 25th February 2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Chisholm View Post
But QF isnt giving me points ? They said as DJ paid for it I should get DJ points.
my kids were booked LHR-SYD on KLM, when KLM flew here

anyway fog in London, made them miss the plane out of AMS, so KLM re-routed them AMS-Tokyo on KLM and QF down to Sydney

I rang QF while they were on the way to Tokyo, and get their QF FF numbers into the QF system, and they duly earned points

my suggestion is next time get you QF number in the QF sytem before the boarding pass in issued
Old 26th February 2010, 11:40 AM

Similarly, my wife recently flew to LHR on Etihad. The preceding flight into Sydney stopped in Asia for a medical emergency, and they cancelled the SYD/AUH sector, and gave her the option to fly via MEL.

SYD/MEL was on QF. She advised her QF FF at check in, and was awarded QF points and status credits for the SYD/MEL sector.

My suggestion is to always add the relevant FF number to a PNR beforehand, as it's always harder to claim later. I keep a record of all my airline, hotel and car rental memberships in my phone, as you never know when arrangements might change.
Miles: 651,193; Hours: 1,484:43; Flights: 526; Routes; 218; Airports: 101; Airlines: 47; Countries:27