Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th March 2009, 03:51 PM

Default FS2004 Scenery Problems

On topic of the Flight Simulator game I thought I would bring up a big problem I have with my most used airport in the game, Sydney of course, as well as Narita has this same problem. Just in a certain places, I have no scenery, just grey boxes where something has gone wrong.

As you can see, Im departing 34L and in particular boxes there is no scenery where its just grey. Also, there is no grass.

Some more detailed views of the problem.

From the sky.

I have screan shot my settings so you FS nerds can check them out and see what might not be right.

I have tried re-installing my addon scenery for Sydney but doesnt make a difference.

Every input is appreciated!

Thanks
Old 4th March 2009, 06:08 PM

Tim,

I see you are using Vista Oz's excellent scenery for Australia.

Maybe your VOZ is somehow interferring with your Jetaways and Terminals for ACOF which I see below on your scenery list.

What id say to try is- delete jetways and terminals for acof- and try sydney see if it is any better.

Although that jetways addon from avsim.net is good- I have found alot of places the aerobridges dont appear and other grey areas like your shot.

Another reason why it might be gray is the FPS- what sort of system are you running off?
Old 13th March 2009, 02:47 PM

The GeForce FX series spanned 2002 thru 2004, so I think you could be right in that it could be a FPS issue as I doubt the machine is super highly specced and from the screenies, all details appear to be maxed.
Old 13th March 2009, 04:06 PM

Chuck it on the lowest scenery setting, that should fix it.

It looks like its not rendering the frames fast enough - a problem with the very old graphics card you have!

Try it out, let us know!
Old 15th March 2009, 12:20 AM

o you were flying the Cathay I painted many years ago

Tim looks like you updated Sydney with an add on scenery, perhaps that is part of the reason? would try removing and installing the YSSY scenery again
Old 15th March 2009, 01:11 PM

I will give every one of you ideas a turn haha. Mr Chan, its a great paintjob and I have tried yours but no luck
Old 15th March 2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
The GeForce FX series spanned 2002 thru 2004, so I think you could be right in that it could be a FPS issue as I doubt the machine is super highly specced and from the screenies, all details appear to be maxed.
What FPS do you suggest? I tried Rhys' idea by lowering the graffics to the lowest but it didnt work. It has somthing to do with the Sydney Sceanery I have this must mean.
Old 16th March 2009, 08:14 AM

If your using VOZ program try to un tick the Sydney scenery aerial photo box to see how that works, your VOZ and Alt Syd 2004 Scenery are fighting over each other, if that don't work, pls turn down most if not all your settings there way to high!

Regards
Brian Wilkes
Old 16th March 2009, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the great info guys! Its working yay! I had to untick the Sydney Aerial Photo and now its sweet. Although the only problem is I have no International AI traffic anymore and the Virgin Blue 737 swarm the international leaving hardly anything at the Domestic gates and there are QF at DJ gates etc. If anyone knows anything thatd be great. Cheers for the help ones again!!

Tim
Old 16th March 2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bowrey View Post
Thanks for the great info guys! Its working yay! I had to untick the Sydney Aerial Photo and now its sweet. Although the only problem is I have no International AI traffic anymore and the Virgin Blue 737 swarm the international leaving hardly anything at the Domestic gates and there are QF at DJ gates etc. If anyone knows anything thatd be great. Cheers for the help ones again!!

Tim
You may now have to re-install VOZ AI traffic!
The VOZ site as had a new up load of AI traffic!
Be sure to get rid of the old one(AI Traffic) as it will conflict again.
I have my traffic set at 95% but be sure to get rid of default FS as well.

VOZ is a bugger of a program in which it zaps out all of you comps speed and memory and it does have 100's of glitches when you fly all around OZ dispite the creators saying it does not. Hope this helps it has taken both my brother and I months to fix the smallest of problems flying ours!

Regards
Brian Wilkes