Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th August 2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Bramwell View Post
Well - several are over with European countries [Channel Express / Jet2] one is over with New Zealand
Actually you need to have a closer look at the fleet list. On the AN page it shows where they went straight after Ansett, when you click on the a/c it shows where it is now. Of the ones that went to Qantas NZ (-CZU and -CZS)on is now in Romainia and one in Indonesia.

You also need to remember that 1/3rd of the AN 737's were leased from mainly from AWAS hence why the found homes so quick. The bulk of the A320's were owned by AN (Ansett used to register the leased a/c in the higher rego block going backwards)

But yes a good 2/3rds of the ex AN 737's are now UK registered.
Old 5th August 2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash W View Post
Actually you need to have a closer look at the fleet list. On the AN page it shows where they went straight after Ansett, when you click on the a/c it shows where it is now. Of the ones that went to Qantas NZ (-CZU and -CZS)on is now in Romainia and one in Indonesia.

You also need to remember that 1/3rd of the AN 737's were leased from mainly from AWAS hence why the found homes so quick. The bulk of the A320's were owned by AN (Ansett used to register the leased a/c in the higher rego block going backwards)

But yes a good 2/3rds of the ex AN 737's are now UK registered.
Not going to argue your point, its just that you mentioned this

Quote:
With the 737's have a look where they have eneded up. The majority seem to have ended up in 3rd world countries or the ex Russian states which says quite a lot really.
2/3's of the ex AN aircraft are not in Third World Countries as you stated.
Old 5th August 2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Not going to argue your point, its just that you mentioned this

2/3's of the ex AN aircraft are not in Third World Countries as you stated.
As someone who lives in the UK, I would say this place is 3rd world!!!
Old 5th August 2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash W View Post
As someone who lives in the UK, I would say this place is 3rd world!!!

It depends on where about you live in the UK, I have spent my time over their and absolute love it.

Seems your in a unlucky place
Old 5th August 2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
It depends on where about you live in the UK, I have spent my time over their and absolute love it.

Seems your in a unlucky place
I am in London! Yeah you are right there are some nice places, just got to go to where the true poms are, not where the foreigners (like me) are!
Old 9th August 2008, 08:09 PM

looking at the ansett list on this all the 747's went to Singapore Airlines except one which was VH-INK. Some went still on the Aussie register, some on the american but what caught my I was the ones that went onto the Singapore rego-
VH-INH became 9V-SKA
VH-INJ became 9V-SKD

and this one which was on the US register
N122KH became 9V-SKH

All of these either are or will be A380 regos. However most of the ex AN 747s have being scrapped or stored with the exception of-
ex VH-INK now TF-AMK
ex VH-ANA now DQ-FJL
ex VH-ANB now DQ-FJK
Old 9th August 2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac M View Post
looking at the ansett list on this all the 747's went to Singapore Airlines except one which was VH-INK. Some went still on the Aussie register, some on the american but what caught my I was the ones that went onto the Singapore rego-
VH-INH became 9V-SKA
VH-INJ became 9V-SKD

and this one which was on the US register
N122KH became 9V-SKH

All of these either are or will be A380 regos. However most of the ex AN 747s have being scrapped or stored with the exception of-
ex VH-INK now TF-AMK
ex VH-ANA now DQ-FJL
ex VH-ANB now DQ-FJK
No they didn't go to Singapore, they were owned by Singapore and leased to Ansett. Once Ansett had finished with them they simply returned to their owner (SQ) awaiting futher leasing or disposal.
Old 9th August 2008, 08:47 PM

I believe that both VH-INH and -INJ were leased from Singapore Airlines and assumed their former registrations when the leases expired and were returned to SQ.

VH-INK was previously N117KC and retained this U S registration when in service with SQ and assumed it once again on completion of the lease.
Old 9th August 2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
I believe that both VH-INH and -INJ were leased from Singapore Airlines and assumed their former registrations when the leases expired and were returned to SQ.

VH-INK was previously N117KC and retained this U S registration when in service with SQ and assumed it once again on completion of the lease.
All the Ansett 747's were at some point owned by SQ, that is why the models end in x12. You only need to look at the model number to see that.

Last edited by Ash W; 9th August 2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 9th August 2008, 09:58 PM

What were the slogan, spaceships or something?

Considering at the height, Ansett had three 747-300's they did extremely well to win best Business class award!