Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd January 2009, 03:24 PM

Default Ladders at YSSY

Hi,
Question? Are ladders allowed up at the perimeter fence as long as they are 3 metres back from the fence? Today I was at the mound spotting with my ladder up near the fence. I was well & truly 3 metres back from the fence taking photos when an Airside guy told me to take down my ladder. I questioned it as I thought ladders are allowable with the 3 metre rule. He also said that the security people don't allow them.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Jayden
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:59 PM

A couple of weeks ago I was using a ladder in the exact same spot, on the highest mound under the tower and well away from the fence - security drove past airside at least 3 or 4 times while I was there and no one said anything. If it was a security person then I would do what they say tho.
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:20 PM

i was spotting at the beach on the weekend and i got told off by security for having my ladder to close to the fence at the beach it has to be 3 metres back.
so yer your allowed to take your ladder just have to be 3 metres back and as for the mound my ladder has always been on highest part at the mound so not really close to any fences. security is usually pretty fine with everything if your doing everything fine they wont bother you
Old 22nd January 2009, 07:18 PM

Yeah the thing is though that I am sure you are allowed ladders near the fence to take photos & this guy was telling me that I wasn't even allowed to have my ladder set up 3+ metres from the fence. Also i had a security guy come & say hello & asked how my photos were going whilst i was sitting on the ladder at the fence. Whether I was just unfortunate to get a someone who likes the rules, I don't know
Old 22nd January 2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden Laing View Post
this guy was telling me that I wasn't even allowed to have my ladder set up 3+ metres from the fence.
Recently I've had a federal agent come and say the very same thing. What can you do...