Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th May 2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
From http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/A380/schedule

Sydney - Los Angeles QF11/12- On selected flights - Service departs Fridays, Wednesdays and Sundays

This is NOT a last minute change which their disclaimer tries to cover, I would be ringing QF and advising them that you booked the A380 based on this and would like to be moved at no cost to the A380 flight.

The 744/A380 experience is NOT the same and you are not getting what was advertised
Except of course there is a standard disclaimer that a certain type of equipment is not guaranteed, regardless of differences in product. Take for example when Qantas were introducing the Skybed.
Old 18th May 2009, 04:47 PM

Ok I will try to put this best way I can.

When we booked the Tuesday flight of QF11 it was the A380 (this was back when the special were going on at $500.00 or so to the US one way) and now I kept a check on the website after I booked the flight and the website even went so far as saying that there were 5 or less seats available on the Tuesday on the A380 and in the end the flight was gone from the website. I said to my 2 girls cool the flight is full.

Now about 3 or 4 weeks ago I was searching Qantas again checking my flights to see how my flight coming back was doing and I found QF11 back there on the Tuesday and thought what the hell. I even said to Jon could they have 2 flights under the QF11 because of so many people wanting to fly which he said no he didn't thinks so. I clicked on it to find it had changed to a 747 and of course was completely peeved of.

We rang up Qantas and asked them what was going on and in the end they said they couldn't do it but to get flight centre to ring and they would more then likely change you to the Wednesday flight but no such luck.

We even had the print out that we took to flight centre so they could compare prices and the girl there tried to talk to Qantas who came back with we don't fly the A380 on the Tuesday but the girl from flight centre said "Wait a minute as I have the print out to show what was written on the your website"

She also pointed out that Qantas had sent her an email to ask if we agree to the changes as they had changed our flight from 1.05pm to 1.20pm on the Tuesday so they knew they had changed the flight but still they would do nothing for us.

Anyway Qantas said they couldn't do anything about it unless we paid extra to make up to the new price for that day which would have been about another $3000.00 for all 4 and of course we weren't going to pay that much more when we feel that Qantas had a problem with their website or they were using the A380 to get people to fly, I don't fully. Qantas ended up saying that aircraft can change at the last minute like we could get to the gate and there could be an A380 or the same coming back our A380 could be a 747 so what can you do. I feel that the way they changed the A380 on the Tuesday to a 747 was wrong but not a lot we can do according to Qantas.

Anyway there you go that is what happened fully. Sorry if I did bad at explaining what happened.

Annette
Old 18th May 2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Smith View Post
That would be all well and good had (if I'm reading her post correctly) Annette booked QF11 for a Wednesday departure and then that flight had been re-assigned a 744 instead of the 388.

Otherwise there's no mention of QF11 being a 388 on a Tuesday in the implementation schedule, not withstanding that when searching schedules you can view what aircraft type is operating the particular flight.
Trust me I checked what aircraft type was going as we wanted the A380 both ways. I do know that you can check the aircraft type and I did as I wanted to make sure we were on the A380 which we all wanted to fly. I even asked flight centre a few times to make sure and she said yes it was for sure the A380 both ways.

Annette
Old 18th May 2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash W View Post
Except of course there is a standard disclaimer that a certain type of equipment is not guaranteed, regardless of differences in product.
A disclaimer doesn't always cover misleading conduct and/or bait advertising amongst other legalities.

There is no disclaimer covering the switch

The current disclaimer is

"Information is correct as of 16 January 2009 and is updated regularly. Details may change without notice. In the event that a last minute aircraft change is necessary, it is possible that a substitute aircraft may operate on these routes."

A last minute change is not one that is planned weeks/months in advance.!

All that being said I am sure Qantas would change you to an A380 flight if there are seats!

Annette's problem appears to be not relevant as it wasn't advertised at www.qantas.com.au/a380 to be flying on the day she was flying.
Old 18th May 2009, 05:32 PM

Qantas did also say that they can change our flights with in 5hrs of the original flight and they have so yeah.

There is only half an hour between when we were meant to fly at 1.05pm to now flying at 1.20pm.

Annette
Old 18th May 2009, 09:38 PM

Thanks for all the replies!

Andrew, although I am disappointed at missing out on the A380, I am not able to change the flights as its a work trip which is locked in with connecting flights in the US.....when I booked, I was offered the choice of either the 744 or A380 for my flights over but those are the breaks!!! Not complaining too loudly as I'm going J class anyways.....just would have been nice to see it on the A380
Old 19th May 2009, 01:38 PM

Relax guys!!!!!!!!!

In a few more years you will all be sick of the A380s...
Old 20th May 2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
A disclaimer doesn't always cover misleading conduct and/or bait advertising amongst other legalities.

There is no disclaimer covering the switch

I was thiking more in line with the normal terms of carriage, I mean to say having a booking is no gurantee you will be on a certain flight, let alone certain equipment!

As for disclaimers you would have a very hard time stating that Qantas, in this case was involved in bait and switch style advertising.