Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th November 2009, 09:20 PM

Thumbs down Be fair

I also think most of Arthur's post was a bit fanciful, but this sentence has now twice been misquoted:

Quote:
If Qantas is still waiting for their Boeing 787s without adding any contingent orders to cover the delay, then I would advise Qantas to shut down their International operations now to prevent any further losses.
Most people on this board know the difference between an "If .. then" construct and an unconditional statement. It may not make a huge difference but in the interests of fairness ...
Old 9th November 2009, 12:37 AM

True Phillip, the if makes a difference, but in any case Arthur hasn't been keeping up, because if he had been he would know the A330's that Qantas and Jetstar have been receiving in the past 18 months or so are their contingency plans for the delay in 787 deliveries.
Old 9th November 2009, 08:20 AM

From the Airbus website,

Quote:
How far and where can I fly with this aircraft?
The A380 is designed for long-haul travel and can fly up to 15,000km /8,000 nm non-stop. It will mostly fly on those routes which see the heaviest concentration of large aircraft flights today. Currently 60 major airports around the world are ready for the A380 or preparing to receive it.
Old 9th November 2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
I think this would sell very well. Currently there is 5-6 PER-SIN flights a day on 3 different airlines, 2 daily PER-DXB flights, 2-3 PER-KL flights a day on 2 different airlines and CX, QF services PER-HKG, PER-NRT etc. A fair chunk of those pax would be connecting to Europe.

It is 5.5 hours to SIN and then 13 to heathrow. So a 16 hour direct flight would sell very very well imo it is a shorter journey which is a big plus. Will be interesting to see what happens if it happens.

Cheers
I agree there is big enough market now in Perth pop 1.6 million to sustain a daily PER-LHR non stop service and even people in Adelaide could choose to connect to the service opening up another 1.1 million potential customers. So V Australia should be able to fill a 305 seat 772LR and claw some Business off the incumbents SQ, TG, MH,and EK. I don't think it will attract many east coast customers. I think its long overdue for a PER-LHR nonstop just no one has been brave enough or had the right aircraft to do the route. Boeing claims the 777LR range of 16 417km more than enough to do the flight in both directions.