Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th July 2009, 05:15 PM

Default The Classic Singapore Airlines B744 Trip Report (SQ232)

Welcome onboard Singapore Airlines flight SQ 232 to Singapore. For our PPS Club members, it is good to see you on board again. We would also like to welcome passengers travelling on Lufthansa's LH9761, Air India AI7232, Virgin Atlantic VS7232 on board this flight. We hope you'll have a pleasent journey.

That's the end of another semester at uni. I got no exams, no study, no money and no girlfriend ; hence nothing to do in such a chilly winter in Australia over the next month, going home seems the only choice for me.

The emergence for the middle-east carriers on the Kangaroo Route has raised the price war bewteen carriers, where Singapore Airlines seem the cheapest amongst all hence there's no choice but Singapore.

Flight Information
Operating Carrier and Flight Number: Singapore Airlines SQ 232
Coadsharing Carrier and Flight Number: Lufthansa LH9761/Air India AI7232/Virgin Atlantic VS7232
Origin: Sydney - Kingsford Smith T1 (SYD)
Destination: Singapore - Changi T3 (SIN)
Departure Time: 1130
Arrival Time: 1700
Stopovers:Non-Stop
Transfers: Nil
Aircraft Registration: 9V-SPH
Aircraft Type: Boeing 747-400 (B744)
Class of Travel: Economy
Class of Seat: M
Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Accured: 0
V Australia Velocity Points Accured: 0 (3918 on VS Codeshare Service)
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Miles Accured: 7836

Arrived the Airport and let's see where I should check in:

But the check-in queue seems unacceptable: (This is the scene 75 minutes prior departure)

Having seeing this queue, I decided to walk around the airport a bit to avoid the crowd but still end up with just passing this sign 15 minutes later

I wish I had done that to avoid the queue:

Survived the queue and checked in my luggage, just 28 minutes before departure and still with some passengers behind.

Because of the long queue and probably the slow handling of ground staff, they have to give me this to beat the queue and get on time for the flight:

Back of the voucher: