Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th March 2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Mahoney View Post
Basically around the world yes, also I wonder if VAustralia will have onward connections with VirginAmerica??, No Doubt that VAustralia will use VirginAmerica as a branch off point, now that VirginAmerica are expanding rapidly. VirginAmerica could also do quite well out of this move in terms of Connections. I would certianly try them, i like the sound of all that "mood lightning" in their buses.
They'd be nuts not to provide onward connections with Virgin America. I think that's pretty much assured, which will be a great thing, because as you said, Virgin America are expanding quite well.

I'll certainly look to connect with Virgin America since my final destination in USA is always SFO...and I'm sure Virgin America will have excellent prices for LAX-SFO flights.

Also, is it now official that V Australia's IATA code is indeed VA? ... so we have DJ, VS, VX and now VA..all pretty much working together

Ironice that Virgin's domestic operations within Australia are with 737s, while in the US they are using A320s (direct competitors)... and on the international scene VS's main long-haul aircraft is the A346, while for V Australia the aircraft of choice is the 773ER (direct competitors).
Old 29th March 2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Basically around the world yes, also I wonder if VAustralia will have onward connections with VirginAmerica??, No Doubt that VAustralia will use VirginAmerica as a branch off point, now that VirginAmerica are expanding rapidly. VirginAmerica could also do quite well out of this move in terms of Connections. I would certianly try them, i like the sound of all that "mood lightning" in their buses.
Lukas,

Do you work for DJ?
Old 30th March 2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameel Kumar View Post
Thanks for the link Lukas. From the looks of it, it seems like this YouTube ad' was created for the US market since it highlights all of the typical tourist-appealing Aussie icons and attractions.

Gotta say though, the V Australia 773ER in those CAD animations looks fantastic!! Can't wait for later in the year when Scott L' delivers us some early pics of the aircraft from BFI.

I'll be there and you should have them the same day - or a day ahead of when taken
Old 30th March 2008, 01:59 AM

Quote:

Just out of curiosity Lukas, but what makes you say they are expanding rapidly? The fact that they are now flying or do you know something I don't?
S.
Old 30th March 2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lindsell View Post
I'll be there and you should have them the same day - or a day ahead of when taken
Hahaha... absolute legend mate!! Can't wait! Wish I could be there when she roles out of the paintshop!
Old 30th March 2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Morrison View Post
LAX Schedule is now in Amadeus
so it is...

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 30th March 2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Smith View Post
Lukas,

Do you work for DJ?
I wish!

Old 30th March 2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lindsell View Post
Just out of curiosity Lukas, but what makes you say they are expanding rapidly? The fact that they are now flying or do you know something I don't?
S.
Well, it hasn't even been a year in operation and they have already added two destinations on top of everything else, but hey i talk rubbish sometimes

Old 30th March 2008, 10:03 AM
Prolific Member

Apparently Sir Richard said at the ball last night that there will be a special announcement later this week which will be exciting for queenslanders.

Lloyd

Only 7 flights in Amadeus at least 10 planned.
Old 30th March 2008, 10:10 AM

God only knows when this "announcement" could occur, well it looks like BNE-LAX is on the cards, smart move anyway