Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 16th April 2010, 09:29 PM

Default Celebrity issue on Qantas domestic flight - 15/4

http://bigpondmovies.com/libraries/a..._about_flight/

Quote:
A fight involving the entourage of some of the biggest names in hip-hop and R&B threatened to break out on a Qantas flight, it has been revealed.

Kelly Rowland has already said she and the 100-strong touring party were treated "really sh***y" and like "five-year-old kids" on the flight from Melbourne to Sydney.

Now UK star Jay Sean, who is touring Australia with Rowland and several other artists, has told how the argument on board the plane was triggered by some members of the group using their mobile phones.

Sean, speaking to Sydney's 2DayFM radio station, said, "The drama on the plane was insane.

"All of us, we all sat up the front of the plane in business and let's be honest, sometimes hip-hop or R&B stars, we don't look like we belong there in the way that we dress sometimes.

"One of the stewardesses who probably didn't know who we were, or who Akon's deejay was, started giving him grief about switching his phone off and all sorts of madness so a fight nearly broke out.

"She was super patronising like we'd all won tickets for an upgrade or something and we should all behave ourselves.

"She was like, 'Sir, sir, I need to see the phone. Is it off?' She was bad and shouting at everybody. It wasn't nice."

Jay, Kelly, Akon and Eve were on Qantas flight QF430 which landed on Thursday afternoon.

The stars are in Australia to perform at the Supafest series of concerts.
Old 16th April 2010, 09:54 PM

What a load of rubbish. From experience this sounds like a bunch of B grade Celebs with a case of "don't you know who I am" who cannot follow safety regulations and have been caught out. Sadly I see this now nearly every flight I am on, be it some B grade celeb or an "important" business person who refuses to switch off their iPhone or Blackberry and seems to think the rules apply to everyone except them.

From the time you have to switch for phone off to the time it can go back on again is just over an hour. Unless your wife literally having a baby and you are racing back to be there who else really can't go for 70 minutes with their phone switched off?

Again, from experience I find the QF Domestic J crew to be the best crew in terms of service provided. I have never had an issue with the crew treating me like I don't belong in business and I never fly in a suit up front. Likewise I have never seen the crew treating a J PAX like they should not be in J.

I have however seen many a person who sadly chooses to ignore the instructions of the crew and think that they should not have to turn their phone off.
Old 16th April 2010, 11:59 PM

DYKWIA - Don't You Know Who I Am

Definitely one of those cases!

""She was like, 'Sir, sir, I need to see the phone. Is it off?' She was bad and shouting at everybody. It wasn't nice."

Yes heaven forbid she try to enforce the rules.

Maybe they should fly Tiger and see how they find the flight
Old 17th April 2010, 06:18 AM

I'd hardly call them "B-grade" celebs when their annual personal income is probably more than many of us would make in half a lifetime. In saying that though, no reason why they shouldn't be following the cabin crew's instructions. They seem to think they are above the law.
Old 17th April 2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel M View Post
I'd hardly call them "B-grade" celebs when their annual personal income is probably more than many of us would make in half a lifetime.
Just because you make money doesn't make you a A-Grade celeb. Besides, if they were real A-Grade celebs, they would've had a private jet, not be slumming it on QF. It's the C-Grade celebs who fly Tiger!
Old 17th April 2010, 07:49 AM

Well said Kelvin. The crew probably treated her like a 5 year old because she was acting like one. The vast majority of celebrties flying commerical don't like drawing attention to themselves and conduct themselves well. You get the minority like this women who think a flight is a private jet and they can do whatever they want.
Old 17th April 2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin R View Post
What a load of rubbish. From experience this sounds like a bunch of B grade Celebs with a case of "don't you know who I am" who cannot follow safety regulations and have been caught out.
hardly call Destiny's Child B-Grade celeb...then again QF F/A's have been known to be A grade bitches with their poor attitude.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 17th April 2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah C View Post
The crew probably treated her like a 5 year old because she was acting like one.
read skytrax lately?

let me make you familiar with QF's bread & butter.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/qantas.htm

its not flattering by any means.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 17th April 2010, 11:32 AM

I'm a QF hostie and I've never seen one of my colleagues 'shout' at anyone. THE END.
Old 17th April 2010, 12:15 PM

Always exercise a bit of caution when these stories come out because they are only one side of the story. If I am not mistaken it is unusual for the cabin crew to ask to see the passenger's phone if it's a first time they request the phone to be switched off - it was certainly possible that 1) these pax had already ignored the F/A's requests previously, or 2) someone kept texting after the first request.
Closed Thread