Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Trip Reports
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th August 2013, 11:39 PM

Default Trip Report: Tigerair BNE-SYD-BNE (Photos)

Introduction:

In February Tiger Airways had $10 fares on certain routes; Brisbane to Sydney was one of them. I managed to pick up a $10 fare down to Sydney and back up to Brisbane. Local spotter Joel would be joining me; this would be his first time on a commercial flight. We would catch an early morning flight to Sydney and an evening flight back to Brisbane, giving us roughly 7-8 hours spotting time in Sydney.

We were meant to travel on Thursday, 25 July however the early morning flight was cancelled a couple months prior to the trip due to a schedule restructure. Tiger switched us to a late afternoon flight which would give us 30 minutes in Sydney!!! What good is 30 minutes? Off one plane and on to another :? I saw that there was a morning flight the following day, if we could switch to the Friday we would be able to get our original flights. So a 15 minute call to Tiger and it was all sorted. We would now be flying to and from Sydney on Friday, 26 July.

Also, a few weeks before the trip Tiger Airways rebranded becoming “Tigerair”.

Sorry guys but I will now be putting watermarks on all my photos I post on the internet just to be safe!!

Brisbane Airport:

We met up at the centre of the terminal at 7:30am and then checked in. Went through security and then had a quick random explosives test before having a wonder around the terminal. First aircraft to catch my eye was Skywest Airbus A320 VH-FNP which was parked at the Qantas end, she arrived from Derby the night before.

Skywest A320 VH-FNP

After having a look around we grabbed something to drink and waited at our gate. There were a few good movements.

Emirates Boeing 777-300ER A6-ECO

Virgin Australia Boeing 737-800 VH-YIO

Cathay Pacific’s newest Airbus A330-300 B-LBB, on its second visit to BNE. This is the 1000th Airbus A330 and has some small titles at the front.

Korean Air Airbus A330-300 HL7587

An announcement was made that due to Brisbane ATC our aircraft departed Sydney 40 minutes late; it was then put into a holding pattern, taking the delay to 50 minutes.

Finally our aircraft arrived and it was VH-VND, second time on her! Flew on her from ROK-BNE in December 2010.

Virgin Australia Airbus A330-200 VH-XFC

After a quick turnaround it was time to board.

July 26, 2013
Tigerair Australia
TT726
BNE-SYD
VH-VND A320
Seat 15A

Making our way out to the aircraft

Tiger Tail!

Onboard in Seat 15A

Passing the loop

We were about 6th in queue for takeoff, it moved quite quickly and soon we were taking off on RWY19.

Takeoff

Nice big left turn over the Brisbane River

Brisbane Airport can be seen to the left

Cruising at FL360