Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st March 2009, 05:01 PM

Default Twin Australian Aviation covers for April

Just picked up April issue of Australian Aviation, to find out it comes with two covers this month. I went for the V Australia 777. Wonder if the subscribers got a choice in cover this month. Good option to have.

Any chance of of adding a new segment Andrew. Cant think of any specific ideas yet, possibly allocating a quarter page or so to the passionate people of Australia who choose to dedicate their time to Australian Aviation covering their job descrition and role ( adding questions to their introduction to aviation ) in the aviation industry eg. trainee pilots, spotters, Engineers, volunteers, flying schools, aviation in country and outback areas etc. It will allow a chance for people who are in the industry to be seen and read about, especially the remote locations. It could also allow people see thats it is not all about pilots and aircraft and does include fuel tankers drivers and admin staff.

Sorry, i know its a broad idea and enjoy aus aviation as is, just thought I'd be human add add my two bob in and try and change a good thing. Isnt that how humans operate .

Keep up the good work and providing a great aussie aviation mag.

Last edited by Tony G; 21st March 2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: add info
Old 21st March 2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
Just picked up April issue of Australian Aviation, to find out it comes with two covers this month. I went for the V Australia 777. Wonder if the subscribers got a choice in cover this month. Good option to have.

Any chance of of adding a new segment Andrew. Cant think of any specific ideas yet, possibly allocating a quarter page or so to the passionate people of Australia who choose to dedicate their time to Australian Aviation covering their job descrition and role ( adding questions to their introduction to aviation ) in the aviation industry eg. trainee pilots, spotters, Engineers, volunteers, flying schools, aviation in country and outback areas etc. It will allow a chance for people who are in the industry to be seen and read about, especially the remote locations. It could also allow people see thats it is not all about pilots and aircraft and does include fuel tankers drivers and admin staff.

Sorry, i know its a broad idea and enjoy aus aviation as is, just thought I'd be human add add my two bob in and try and change a good thing. Isnt that how humans operate .

Keep up the good work and providing a great aussie aviation mag.
Thanks Tony - the twin cover idea was in honour of Avalon - trying to please all of the people all of the time I guess...

If any subscribers got a 777 cover but want a JSF cover, or vice versa, or want both, if you buy the other cover from a newsagent and email/fax/send us a copy of the receipt, we'll extend your subscription by one month.

Re the new segment idea Tony - sounds like a lot of work for a relatively small space and little return. To be honest, we're flat out getting out what we do each month as it is, but thanks anyway.

Cheers
Old 22nd March 2009, 02:06 PM

Thanks for the link, very good reading articles in this edition from Andrew Mc Laughlin.

I'm always amazed at the "excellent standard" of photography portrayed in this magazine especially when it comes to aircraft interior design and aircraft in general.

Rgds

Peter
Old 22nd March 2009, 03:34 PM

Im currently on a two year subscription with Australian Aviation, I recieved the JSF cover, i think its a fantastic shot.
Old 22nd March 2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hammond View Post
Im currently on a two year subscription with Australian Aviation, I recieved the JSF cover, i think its a fantastic shot.
Our very own Paul Sadler took the VA 777 pic, but if only we could take credit for the JSF pic as well...

I spoke with the photographer who is based at the famous Lockheed Skunk Works in Palmdale about 100km north of LA when we were putting it together, and he told me it was taken near Edwards AFB.
Old 22nd March 2009, 07:50 PM

I received the JSF fronted edition and will not be protesting this in any other way than mentioning the C-47 ( ) on pp94 would have made a great cover shot had you chosen a "Tri-Cover" format to promote the mighty "Biscuit Bomber" and it's ongoing role in Aussie aviation history!

Mag looks like a great read again this month, job well done.
Old 22nd March 2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post

Mag looks like a great read again this month, job well done.
Sure is Craig, either im a slow reader or just enjoying it because i got it in the mail on Friday the 13th and im still going with it
Old 22nd March 2009, 09:09 PM

Hey Mr M!!! Whens the tribute to the Bou coming out!!!

Whens the BBQ in Brisvegas Muzzdog??

Soon..
No where. Where should I go?
Old 23rd March 2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Brown View Post
Hey Mr M!!! Whens the tribute to the Bou coming out!!!
We've already done a news piece on it, but a more tribute-oriented piece will likely come closer to retirement.
Old 23rd March 2009, 03:36 PM

Thanks there young fella, I'm sure you could squeeze another junket out of the final flights....

Whens the BBQ in Brisvegas Muzzdog??

Soon..
No where. Where should I go?