Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd August 2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony J View Post
No, not this time....I have had a spoiler actuator go in the past though, a few checklists and all ok!
Heck no!
Not a big deal at all. But the crew certainly did the right thing - I wouldn't want to be going across a lot of ocean with a hydraulic system out in a twin.
Old 3rd August 2008, 05:14 PM

I was at the mound this morning and 2 guys (spotters) sold out to the media who were approaching everyone holding a camera and asking for photos and/or video of the incident.

I told them I couldn't help however these 2 fellas rolled and handed over some stuff.
Old 3rd August 2008, 06:19 PM
Prolific Member

Just to think Nick, you could have put Pentolta on the map...maybe next time.

I think it's funny how this one hydraulic incident is front page news. While it's timing is poor for Qantas, it's amazing how many other hydraulic "issues" on aircraft (from a multitude of airlines) have been totally ignored or simply not reported to the media.

I guess while the irons hot....
Old 3rd August 2008, 06:27 PM

Post CASA watching the media?

See http://yssyforum.net/board/showthrea...=9893#post9893
Old 3rd August 2008, 07:12 PM

I told the reporter that these incidents happen all over the world every day in their hundreds and I havent seen any of those end up on Channel 10 (reporters were from 10). She didn't have an answer for me and walked off.

Nigel, If I were one of those sleazy paparazzi looking to make a few bucks I'd have given them something, but maybe after they knew I'd taken my shots with the Pentolta they may have declined my snaps (the snaps were pretty crap as I was shooting from the end of 25 through the heat haze toward 34L).

They were keen to grab something though, the lady reporter did all the talking in her low cut black dress and blonde hair and makeup.
Old 3rd August 2008, 07:50 PM

Hell, why not just make up some utter rubbish that they'll lap up and then when they show it, tell Media Watch on ABC what you've done and so how gullible the commercial channels are.
(I've done this sort of thing before .... )