Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 31st July 2008, 02:53 PM

Default CX goes daily from Perth...

effective October 26th, Friday & Wednesday flights leave at 0105am and all other days leave at 0055.

same eqpt that's already in service.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 31st July 2008, 03:01 PM

Well i guess we could see that coming considering QF only do 2 or 3 flights a week, and CX already did 4 or 5.

and good too, makes a european connection via HK easier with a daily flight.

Times for the departures/arrivals are also pretty good, late night arrival into per and early morning into hk (if you can sleep in a plane of course!)
Old 31st July 2008, 03:13 PM

how does it make a European connection easier? with the exception of LHR all CX Europe flights leave at midnight or there abouts, that's around 18hrs after you land in HK on your flight from Perth.

before they switched to night departures from Perth the flights used to arrive at 9pm into HK which connected with flights to the US, Africa & Europe.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 1st August 2008, 08:09 AM

Plenty of talk around of flights being reduced etc all over the rest of the country. Good to see ypph is a exception with more flights being announced every 2nd day almost.
Old 1st August 2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
Plenty of talk around of flights being reduced etc all over the rest of the country. Good to see ypph is a exception with more flights being announced every 2nd day almost.
Well i think the whole philosophy of Perth being a hub into Asia may be becoming a reality, especially when we get the new integrated terminal.
Old 1st August 2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis View Post
Well i think the whole philosophy of Perth being a hub into Asia may be becoming a reality, especially when we get the new integrated terminal.
Perth become a hub to Asia from where??

I can't see too many east coasters, South Africans or Antarcticans "hubbing" through Perth to get to Asia.

Perth always has been and always will be a "spoke".
Old 1st August 2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
Melbourne has just gained Daily Etihad, another Norfolk, Air Vanuatu Garuda and Pacific blue flights.

Brisbane has gained a heap of Pacific Blue flights, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.

Sydney have just gained extra Viva Macau, Singapore, Etihad and Emirates A380 flights.

Hardly what you would call a "reduction" in services everywhere else.
Old 1st August 2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi O View Post
Perth become a hub to Asia from where??

I can't see too many east coasters, South Africans or Antarcticans "hubbing" through Perth to get to Asia.

Perth always has been and always will be a "spoke".
Well it was talked about and has been for a long time that is was hoped Perth would be a gateway into Asia for east coasters mostly..i never understood the principle myself and thought it was stupid, but these extra flights and some others make me think that it may be starting to happen in a small way...albeit the fact its pretty stupid
Old 1st August 2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis View Post
Well it was talked about and has been for a long time that is was hoped Perth would be a gateway into Asia for east coasters mostly..i never understood the principle myself and thought it was stupid, but these extra flights and some others make me think that it may be starting to happen in a small way...albeit the fact its pretty stupid
Why would a east coaster fly all the way to Perth just to fly to Asia? The ticket to Perth is firstly not cheap and secondly a waste of at least 6 hours.
Old 1st August 2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mak View Post
Why would a east coaster fly all the way to Perth just to fly to Asia? The ticket to Perth is firstly not cheap and secondly a waste of at least 6 hours.
I know, hence why i thought it was a stupid idea.

Dont shoot me! I didnt make it up!