Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th May 2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
QANTAS Airlines' first A380 super jumbo reflects a distinctly Australian image, with furnishings reflecting the hues of our native landscape.

On show are the reds of the soil in the outback, the burnt amber of ripening wheat, the green of coastal pastures, the chocolate of the mountains and the taupe tones of our endless coast.

With a costly two-year construction delay over, the plane left Toulouse for Hamburg on an incident-free two-hour flight with a near perfect touchdown beside the Elbe river.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...84-664,00.html
Old 12th May 2008, 03:19 PM

if I wanted a sample of the Australian landscape on my flight I'd drive out east and bottle some to take with me, I don't get how they think anyone could deduce that they are trying to reflect our landscape, soil, wheat and god knows what else with that revolting mix of colours.

chocolate of the mountain, I mean this isn't the ****ing Himalaya's here, this is for the most part a rather flat landscape.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 12th May 2008, 03:26 PM

I saw the pics too and the word that sprang to mind - awful. The green looks terrible and the whole interior is a dissapointment. At least the red in Y in the current 747's actually looks OK.

Newson is very overrated with his design and his colours. I don't care how many awards he has won, the fact other airlines come out with much better designs constantly can't be ignored.
Old 12th May 2008, 03:26 PM

Am I the ONLY one that likes it, even if only a LITTLE bit...

Why yes, the colours may represent the colours of Australia, but what does the current blues (from memory, it has been 2 years since flying QF) represent?

And finally, I know that a lot of people are not use to change, be it in the workplace or in forums like this, but cudos to QF for thinking outside the square, and going brave with a colour scheme...

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images

Last edited by Bernie P; 12th May 2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo: needed a space...
Old 12th May 2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah C View Post

Newson is very overrated with his design and his colours. I don't care how many awards he has won, the fact other airlines come out with much better designs constantly can't be ignored.
never thought I'd see the day when you finally say that Newson is overrated! indeed he is, I string him up and drop him from 38,000 feet for his latest "innovations." if you can call them innovations! skybed isn't really a new innovation but an adaptation of an existing product.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 12th May 2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah C View Post
I saw the pics too and the word that sprang to mind - awful. The green looks terrible and the whole interior is a dissapointment. At least the red in Y in the current 747's actually looks OK.

Couldn't agree more, well said Sarah.
I just saw that green and almost threw up in my mouth
Old 12th May 2008, 04:15 PM

i cant get over how cheap and nasty that green looks, all this work and all the waiting, and then the launch of the 744 fitout with red, which is growing on me, and then Qantas go and put this green in there, it looks very LCC to me come to think of it. However i think the interior of JQs A332's even looks much better. And Sarah your comment was well said and i couldnt agree more.. Have a look in the background of the economy photo, you can clearly see red
Old 12th May 2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montague S View Post
never thought I'd see the day when you finally say that Newson is overrated! indeed he is, I string him up and drop him from 38,000 feet for his latest "innovations." if you can call them innovations! skybed isn't really a new innovation but an adaptation of an existing product.

The lFirst Class Lounge is nice but the rest is overrated..........I can't understand why QF pays him so much when his designs are not impressive........
Old 12th May 2008, 04:16 PM

Maybe the cabins will look better once the head rest covers are added as well as blankets, pillows and other extras etc.

Lets not forget that the green is only in 1 section of the economy cabin.
Old 12th May 2008, 04:30 PM
Banned

Sitting in those 'green' seats for 24hrs on a flight to LHR would be very painful