Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th March 2009, 07:56 PM

funny about the ears....

I seem to have problems when seated at the REAR of the aircraft, but no problems at all over the wing?

And this is common to both boeing and airbus

coincidence, perhaps
Old 6th March 2009, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Brownbill View Post
funny about the ears....

I seem to have problems when seated at the REAR of the aircraft, but no problems at all over the wing?

And this is common to both boeing and airbus

coincidence, perhaps
Same with me more middle of the aircraft Im okay, towards the rear I feel it alot more.
Old 7th March 2009, 05:39 PM

May not have to worry about DJ shortly....shares closed yesterday at 18.5cents !!!
At this rate you have to wonder how they're still a viable company!!
And no, I'm not a DJ basher...Qantas aren't doing any better!!
Old 7th March 2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McDonald View Post
May not have to worry about DJ shortly....shares closed yesterday at 18.5cents !!!
At this rate you have to wonder how they're still a viable company!!
My very basic understanding of a situation like this is that as long as revenue in exceeds revenues out (ie they make more than they spend & are cash flow positive) then the share price has little to no impact to the daily operation. It's only when you front up to finance ten new aircraft or capital works that the declining overall value of the company will come into play. This is how it was explained to me (very basically) by a friend. Happy to be corrected by smarter minds than me though.
Old 7th March 2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
My very basic understanding of a situation like this is that as long as revenue in exceeds revenues out (ie they make more than they spend & are cash flow positive) then the share price has little to no impact to the daily operation. It's only when you front up to finance ten new aircraft or capital works that the declining overall value of the company will come into play. This is how it was explained to me (very basically) by a friend. Happy to be corrected by smarter minds than me though.

There's a bit more to it than that Adam...

The share price is often lead by the forecast profit which is usually issued annually and then updated quarterly or six-monthly.

If an airline (or any company for that matter) is tracking to achieve that profit, then the share price should be steady or even rise, but if the airline starts to fall behind the curve or issues a downgraded forecast, even if it's still going to be a profit, then that often has a fairly drastic implication to the share price.
Old 8th March 2009, 07:48 PM

Interesting times ahead. Be no tears here.
Old 8th March 2009, 09:36 PM

Raymond,

It has been 8 years and yet you still have not recognised the fact that Ansett did not collapse because of VB.

Ansett collapsed because of the way it was run. The people in it didnt kill it, the management did.

I find it offensive that you show such undisguised glee at the remote prospect of VB going under.
Old 8th March 2009, 11:09 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
I find it offensive that you show such undisguised glee at the remote prospect of VB going under.
I do too... said it before on the old board often enough. Virgin Blue may have benefited but they had nothing to do with Ansett's collapse... and for anyone to speak positively of the concept of a large number of other Australians in the industry losing their jobs is absolutely deplorable.

In fact, I would completely expect someone who has been through that experience to be the first to hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Last edited by Robert S; 8th March 2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 9th March 2009, 04:11 AM
Prolific Member

Quote:
In fact, I would completely expect someone who has been through that experience to be the first to hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.
+1
Old 9th March 2009, 07:20 AM
Banned

If anyone wishes 4000-5000 people lose their jobs then they have some huge issues personally. If that person who wishes the same company that supports the Sydney Airport Message Board spotting w/end and bent over backwards to support it and involve those who attended with the V Australia launch and happened to attend that w/end also wishes they go under it further highlights those personal issues.

Ray if VB did coloapse the only thing you will be crying over is your keyboard when QF charge you $500 for a MEL-SYD return.