Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 5th April 2021, 10:01 PM
Prolific Member

Tristan,

I found 2-VVUC on the current 2-Reg.

2-VVOY doesn't appear as yet.

2-VVOY, I expect is reserved and won't take up that reg until it is deleted from the Aust Register.

VH-VUC was deleted from the Aust. Reg on 19/03 and added to 2-Reg on the same date
Old 6th April 2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hyde View Post
Tristan,

I found 2-VVUC on the current 2-Reg.

2-VVOY doesn't appear as yet.

2-VVOY, I expect is reserved and won't take up that reg until it is deleted from the Aust Register.

VH-VUC was deleted from the Aust. Reg on 19/03 and added to 2-Reg on the same date
Interesting, thanks. I know VUC remained on the CASA register for some time after it left Australia.
I found VOY at Jinan when searching for images of VUC and it was tagged as 2-VVOY:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10089566
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10051580
While I cannot see it on the image, it appears that something has been taped over the rego - perhaps the paperwork hasn't been done yet.

Cheers.
Old 6th April 2021, 08:33 AM

That’ll possibly be the new rego just taped over the old VH- one
Old 6th April 2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max C View Post
That’ll possibly be the new rego just taped over the old VH- one
Yeah, most likely. Guess when it's parked it doesn't really matter if the new rego hasn't been entered into systems
Old 6th April 2021, 08:56 AM

VH-VUE is set to return to service today and will operate VA1388 BNE ADL.
First RPT service since 7 September 2020.
Old 6th April 2021, 10:55 AM
Prolific Member

Guys,

Basically it can't (shouldn't) be two registers at the same time. It is uneconomic since you are paying for both registrations.

The QQ E-190's are normally deleted from the US reg on the day they arrive in Brisbane. It is then QQ's responsibility to get them onto the Aust. reg.

Also, the 2-REG is a "flag of convenience" until freighter conversion and a new "owner" is sort.
Old 6th April 2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Guys,

Basically it can't (shouldn't) be two registers at the same time. It is uneconomic since you are paying for both registrations.

The QQ E-190's are normally deleted from the US reg on the day they arrive in Brisbane. It is then QQ's responsibility to get them onto the Aust. reg.

Also, the 2-REG is a "flag of convenience" until freighter conversion and a new "owner" is sort.
Hi Greg.. I was not saying it was .. just appears that they have put the new 2- rego on her before its actually been added to the 2- register.

Cheers.
Old 7th April 2021, 01:46 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Guys,

Nothing to do with economics, not when registration is $160 for a VH Mark. Its an ICAO requirement that an aircraft does not appear on two contracting states at the same time.
Old 9th April 2021, 07:30 AM

For those who remember, back in September last year a company called Jet Test re-positioned 5 VA 738s from BNE to Goodyear, AZ. They positioned a further 2 from MEL in December.
The owner of Jet Test has just tweeted that in the coming weeks Jet Test will be repositioning 3 738s to BNE.

I am assuming they are for VA which makes me wonder if they are 3 of the ex-VA 7 B738s stored in Phoenix.

Anyone know anymore?
Old 9th April 2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan S View Post
For those who remember, back in September last year a company called Jet Test re-positioned 5 VA 738s from BNE to Goodyear, AZ. They positioned a further 2 from MEL in December.
The owner of Jet Test has just tweeted that in the coming weeks Jet Test will be repositioning 3 738s to BNE.

I am assuming they are for VA which makes me wonder if they are 3 of the ex-VA 7 B738s stored in Phoenix.

Anyone know anymore?
The 5 YF* airframes will be coming back. With different regos though.