Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th May 2011, 08:34 AM

Every few years the old High Speed Rail/VFT idea comes up (again) with a claim of 58 minutes Sydney Canberra. In the last 30 years I have seen improvements to road travel, air travel at Canberra and many VFT ideas so I can't see the train happening.
Old 24th May 2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan N View Post
767. VH-ZXC was the rego from memory.
767RRs are notoriously difficult to work on for Cabin Crew - perhaps the CSM decided to not offer tea and coffee in Y on the flight to ensure the actual meal and main beverage service would flow more smoothly and all passengers would be served?

I've been on 767GE flights where the seatbelt sign is on, passengers and crew seated for landing announcement has been made, the flaps are down and judging by the height of the aircraft the gear was very likely down (60-90 seconds before touching down) and the Flight Attendants are still securing the galley or making their way down the aisle (very briskly!) to the overwing jumpseats - so I would think CSM's would adjust the service offered depening on factors such as aircraft type, loads, weather etc to avoid having the crew rushing to sit down 60 seconds before landing
Old 25th May 2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R View Post
On one of the few times I actually kept the timings, it was 0:29 from takeoff to touchdown SYD-CBR on VH-VXJ. Took 0:36 in the Q400 return.

Have been in the back of the 734 once or twice when the 'complimentary' afternoon alcohol service was stopped before it reached me.
I flew SYD-CBR last night in a DJ E70. Take off to touch down was 26 minutes. The crew managed to get a drinks to all that wanted them.