Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th June 2011, 02:37 AM

Default Feedback on Airbus visit Toulouse

Hi All
As an infrequent poster to the site i thought i would put a post up on my recent travel to TLS to visit Airbus. www.taxiway.fr/

On arrival to Balgnac i stayed locally and would highly recommend the ParknSuites if you choose to go, AVOID Aerel Aparts.(Rude, obstinate woman averse to English speaking clients with misleading website).

I hired a car to get to the Visit Airbus centre and got lost however drove around the perimeter of the airport which was exciting. To say i was disappointed would be an understatement given my 'dream' of visiting TLS and of doing the tour.

There are a couple of visits which they offer, i did the A380 Tour and booked, later cancelling the Panoramic Tour. Absolutely no photos are allowed with camera and phones taken off you on registering. The A380 tour takes you into a telemetry tour which shows videos and technical specs of the first flight. then a short trip over to the field and into the assembly plant where you see the assembly of the aircraft. There i saw one of the prototyped being converted to a private customer and 1 SQ and EK planes being built.

After that you go back to the arrivals site and visit a mock up on the interior. For those of us who have flown on any of the existing commercial A380 carriers its a bit redundant.

I decided to forgo the Panoramic Tour as it was pretty much the same tour as i had done by driving around the perimeter and the little that was covered on the initial tour as you drive in to the field to see one of the original concords. To visit the concord you need to do / pay for another tour.

If your planning a trip specifically to TLS to see Airbus, i would recommend not wasting your money. I spent money on flights / accomdation /car hire etc. If your in TLS for buisness it mght be worth the visit.

If you would like more info feel free to email me.

Albert

Last edited by albert vasquez; 16th June 2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: pics didnt load
Old 16th June 2011, 01:34 PM

Are the tours operating year round and daily?
Im going to be in Marseille later this year and thinking about the train trip up and back...

Sydney Aviation Shop