Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Radar Spotting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th August 2008, 05:05 PM

Nick, most likely put into a holding pattern due to a line of thunderstorms passing thru Sydney at that time and a need for a bit more ATC separation due other traffic.

Noel White
Old 7th August 2008, 05:13 PM

Nick, BTW my PlanePlotter sharer's code is (eW) and from my location in Sydney have coverage beyond CBR almost to the Vic border but not so great in other directions due to terrain.

Noel White
Old 7th August 2008, 05:15 PM

Nick,
I actually have another of the Army Kingair's on it's way into Townsville now. A32-437 which I am tracking on my SBS radar.
Cheers,
Dave.
Old 7th August 2008, 07:46 PM

Awesome stuff Noel, I don't know how to separate individual signal senders but appreciate having you guys around so we can keep our eyes on the airspace!

Do you guys know of any good calibrated maps for eastern australia? I have some from www.mantma.co.uk but I'd appreciate something a little better.
Old 13th August 2008, 08:18 PM

Finally got PlanePlotter up and running, an awesome program!

Does anyone know where I can download maps of Australia? I found some from the site Nick mentioned but I'm looking for maps of Perth and Queensland.

Thanks

PS it seems Brisbane and Melbourne are down tonight, I could only get flight data of Sydney.
Old 16th December 2008, 03:57 PM

Hmm, you guys prompted me to purchase this. I have a registered version, but can't seem to connect to any sharers. I have the same maps as NickN (from matma) and I've tried UK / Aus maps - all with no traffic.

My timezone is correct, I am on a standard ADSL2+ connection - can't seem to find anything else wrong. The screenshots on the wiki are different to my version, but I basically have I/O set to receive UDP/IP Data from net and anything 'sendy' I have unchecked.

Anyone else encounter dramas when setting it up?
Old 16th December 2008, 06:17 PM

Default Help Please

I have just paid the money for plane plotter and all i have is blank radar screen from what i can follow is i have to down load maps of the area that i want(sydney).What site do i get them from if anyone knows.thanks
Old 16th December 2008, 06:55 PM

Hey Andrew,

Try http://www.mantma.co.uk/pp_support.html, I got my maps from there. I now have a blank screen with a map
Old 16th December 2008, 07:21 PM

Thanks Steve i have the map and a blank screen too.If you want i cam private message my number and we can try and work it out over the phone if you want.
Old 16th December 2008, 08:00 PM

If anyone could help me with getting my plane plotter going i would be greatfull.I can give you a contact number so we could try and work it out over the phone or in person if i could get to you.I am in sydney Campbelltown.