Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd January 2011, 11:50 AM

Default Australian aviation - jan/feb 2011 issue

Hi

The website mentions that this issue would be on sale from 31 December 2010 and I've been calling into various newsagents in the Perth Metro area for two weeks and I haven't seen it on the shelves. Some newsagents told me they don't know when it will arrive.

Does anyone know if it has been on sale in Perth and if I may have missed it (albeit by a day or two) or has distribution been delayed ?

Last edited by Bob C; 23rd January 2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: insert space between two words
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:26 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

Hi Bob,

I have had my Jan/Feb issue of AA deliveered online and hardcopy maybe two weeks back (Sydney).
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:33 PM

Thanks Grahame ; I hope that distribution has been delayed in the West as I've visited at least six different newsagents and none can recall seeing it.

Hopefully it will appear on the shelves this week.
Old 23rd January 2011, 01:40 PM

I am in the same senario too! I haven't been able to get the Australian Aviation magazine from any news agents in my area since September.
I think they don't sell it anymore in stores, you need to subscribe to them.
Old 23rd January 2011, 02:18 PM

Hi Shayne

I've seen AA on the shelves in Perth until this issue so perhaps things may have changed given your experience.

I think a couple of AA journalists contribute to this Message Board so perhaps they can help.
Old 23rd January 2011, 03:23 PM

Thanks Bob C, I think there was some problem with the distribution of the magazine, maybe it is ok in Perth up until this point. Maybe they slowly phased them out from stores, I don't know but it's okay as I said if anyone can no longer get them you should be able to get a subscription for it.
I will be getting a subscription when I can, I've missed a few magazines I really wanted, if anyone knows if Australian Aviation sells back issues I'd like to know
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:43 PM

They do Shayne!
https://shop.australianaviation.com.au/shop/browse.118

JetPhotos.net (1381 Photos)
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:13 PM

Thanks Brock! I found that page before but couldn't find it ever since so thanks for finding it. I got some catching up to do
Old 24th January 2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne G View Post
Thanks Brock! I found that page before but couldn't find it ever since so thanks for finding it. I got some catching up to do
No worries!

JetPhotos.net (1381 Photos)
Old 24th January 2011, 03:14 PM

Default AA magazine

Shayne - Just to clarify, Australian Aviation is and always will be still sold in stores. Our previous distributor was bought out last year so if anyone is not seeing copies in stores where you previously have, we'd be very interested to know (via email to the office please - mail@australianaviation.com.au), so we can chase this up.

The December issue featured an F-111 on the cover and as such, has sold extremely well, so anyone who may have missed it in the newsagents may have just been unlucky. Try a larger newsagent such as those at rail and bus stations or the airport, otherwise drop us a line through the website and we can send one out.

Better still, take out a subscription and never miss one!