Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th August 2009, 12:02 PM

They won't book you on QF OR NZ.

The best they would do I presume is to rebook on another VA flight or give you a refund.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
I am not willing to wait for the day of departure and then find out for "operational reasons" that I am flying via SYD and will arrive into LAX 10 hours later than planned, and then miss my onward flights.
Welcome to my world. We had flights booked MEL>LAX in November. If we took the SYD option we would be in the same prediciment (missing our connecting flights from LAX), so now we are flying out of BNE a day earlier.

The best the VA CSR was willing to offer was to book us on the SYD>LAX flight the same day (not that they even knew the MEL flights had been pushed back till December), thankfully my mrs works as a travel agent and has sorted something out.

Our travel insurance is going to cover the cost of accom in LA for the night luckily.
Old 23rd August 2009, 09:14 AM

Chris: Hope it works out!

From the other thread about VA new flights, but it is more relevant in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montague S View Post
or we might just want them to fly the route that they advertised when they said it was due to happen...
Exactly - This is the outcome of numerous emails and phone calls about the MEL-LAX flights

1. VA still will not confirm 100% that firstly the MEL-LAX flights will be non-stop from the 1st of December

2. They advise me to take out travel insurance in case they re-schedule the flights via SYD/BNE

3. They cannot confirm if the flights will be 2 x weekly or 3 x weekly.