Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th June 2009, 03:17 PM

Default C-130 Training Ops

After passing through Richmond today i found myself at Lithgow, as you do, when quite suddenly i saw in front of me literally just above tree top level, no more than 100m a Hurc still descending and banking southish from what i could tell right there on top of the great western highway till it disappeared into all those pine forestations and i lost it. (Right after that strangly enough i saw a police helicopter heading roughly the same direction with all its doors open, just as low).
Does anyone know if this was just part of one of their training ops or was it out there with a purpose looking for something? (Litteraly just a guess there putting that and the pol helicopter together).
I know i have heard them doing No-Comms excercises around the Bathurst area but this just seemed a tad low to be normal?

Anyone with any ideas? Or hear it on the radio at all...would have been around 220pm.

Cheers
Gerard