Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th March 2010, 08:32 AM

Default Pax delays Syd-Mel Return flight - I am fine..

Hi all, I've got a what-if question.

A JQ flight from Sydney-Avalon, boards - prob JQ625 , and the crew notice one of the Pax looks a little greenish. She did have some smell of alcohol on her, but advised the crew she was OK and just wanted to get home.

As they taxied to either 34R or 16L (led to believe 34R) she let lose with the stomach muscles, and proceeded to respreay the seat in front of her, her self and partly the people beside her.

Taxied back to the gate where it took 30 - 40 mins to clean and remove her, clean the seats and the people next to her. During the taxi, the captain advises he is talking to company regarding either cancelling the flight or continuing, given the a/c needs to be in position in Syd for the following day's departures. Pax cannot answer whether she has hand or stowed luggage, that discussion take 20 minutes....

Flight departs late out of Syd.

Flight arrives at Avalon about 50mins late, meaning one hell of a fine turnaround and flight time to beat curfew on the return. JQ626 is scheduled to depart 2045, but was still on the ground when I left the airport at 2140.

I have picked up family many a time from JQ625 where it has been delayed, with many an angry departing pax coming out of departures as their flight has been cancelled, so it is a fairly common occurrance.

Questions:

- Given the fact that the crew noticed and cheked the pax before they boarded, why was she allowed to board?

- Did JQ626 arrive in YSSY before curfew?

- Is the same a/c used for the final flight back to Avalon as JQ 627?
Old 9th March 2010, 08:54 AM

From what I know:
No, JQ627 is not operated by the same a/c as JQ626 as
JQ627 departs SYD at 21:55, JQ626 arrives SYD at 22:05.

Yes JQ626 made it back before curfew last night.

Regarding curfew;
There was a departure from Sydney last night at approx 11:15pm - Tiger airways flight to Melbourne.

There was also a diverted flight, QF134 Auckland-Melbourne which arrived in Sydney 10 mins before or after 11pm last night. I believe this flight and its passengers stayed the night in Sydney and departed for Melbourne this morning around 6:30am
Old 9th March 2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.S View Post
134 Auckland-Melbourne which arrived in Sydney 10 mins before or after 11pm last night. I believe this flight and its passengers stayed the night in Sydney and departed for Melbourne this morning around 6:30am
The flight in question was a medical diversion due to a reaction due to nuts.

The person was actually a member of Australian Frequent Flyer and their are some details from them here: http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...cal-22073.html