Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th November 2009, 08:29 AM

Joe, I understand QF and VA offer a better version of PE, for me it was primarily just a legroom issue, 17" seat width is fine.

Do United just have general screens throughout the cabin and everybody has to watch the same thing?

Personally I'm not fussed I have some good books and my iPod touch and a laptop for entertainment.

The complimentary drinks along the way will also help !
Old 12th November 2009, 03:24 PM

I'd say it's rare for the plane to go u/s in flight and land at Honolulu, according to the stats it has a good on-time performance rating.
Old 12th November 2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris d View Post
I don't buy the old "grannies" statement about the UA staff.
Out of all airlines flying into and out of Sydney from my observation UA has easily by far the highest average age for cabin crew. Some of them actually look like grannies AND not very well groomed.

As for Economy Plus upsell it used to be $151 AUD 2 yrs ago (to LAX or SFO).
Old 13th November 2009, 06:56 AM

I was listening to the Airplanne Geeks Podcast and they had Heather Poole as a guest (who authors the blog Another Flight Attendant Writing. She also writes the Galley Gossip column on Gadling) and she explained that with the US Airlines, it's a seniority thing.

The longer the service, the more Senior you become and the more senior you are, the better the routes you choose for yourself which might explain why it is perceived
Quote:
UA has easily by far the highest average age for cabin crew
on the Australian routes.

http://www.airplanegeeks.com/2009/11...-with-heather/
Old 13th November 2009, 07:33 AM

Mike, that sounds perfectly feasible that explanation.

The only issue can be, the more senior you get the less you believe you have to work, which does happen to those in senior roles in some companies.

Personally I couldn't care less who serves my meals etc I'm not flying UA to try and pick-up!
Old 13th November 2009, 09:03 AM

I travelled to LA on United's PE class in January. I didn't find anything wrong with it. Just more leg room for a bit more in price. Nothing else different compared with Economy (which we used on the way back). I had a decent sleep both ways and yeah, I guess the only difference is leg room. We had a little more in PE, but in hindsight, we're not that big built so it didn't really make a difference for us.