Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th November 2013, 08:21 PM

Seems 'appropriate' that I post this pic here... Spotted yesterday surveying Sheps Mound, so it may seem as though the 'development' is on the cards for that area... Seemed to be about 10m intervals around the area, and there was a second surveyor (inside the perimeter fence) towards the back corner of the bus area next to Sheps!

Now, back to EK and breaching curfew...

Sheps Mound being surveyed-2545 by A u s s i e P o m m, on Flickr

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 10th November 2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Brown View Post
Watching the Dubai Airport show on Foxtel last night and seeing them invest $3 billion in a new terminal and getting an impression on how they run things, it will be pocket change to EK.

It was embarrassing to watch them struggling to get EK414 away on time last night because they were trying to beat the curfew in Sydney.
it's embarrassing to know they spent that much money on the new terminal at DXB and it's still a mess! not to mention a human zoo.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 10th November 2013, 07:23 PM

Indeed, getting off topic I know but I laughed when I saw the episode which had the poor signage, especially to the lounge, because had the same issue myself the first time I used the new terminal. But guess thats getting OT a little.
Old 14th November 2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Argy View Post
The Local Court can't impose a fine of that magnitude - if it's in that court it's just being prosecuted as a summary offence, with a maximum penalty of $6,600.
Assuming that the offence provision being prosecuted is s.7 of the Sydney Airport Curfew Act 1995, the maximum penalty is a fine of 1000 units. It is multiplied x5 for a corporation. A penalty until prior to the end of Dec 2012 was $110, when it changed to $170. Being an offence punishable by fine only, it is a summary offence and therefore must be heard by the Local Court. There is no monetary jurisdictional limit for the Local Court exercising federal jurisdiction. By my logic, the max penalty for the 2 earlier offences will be $550,000 and $850,000 for the January 2013.
Old 14th November 2013, 09:21 PM

Question Summary jurisdiction

In my opinion the Local Court cannot impose a fine of more than 300 penalty units [$51,000] on a corporation or 60 [$10,200] on an individual when exercising Federal jurisdiction. If the prosecution wants a higher penalty, it needs to prosecute the offence in a higher court.