Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th February 2009, 09:55 PM

Default Handing Over

Ladies and gents,

On the back of our most successful Spotting Weekend yet, and with the Board now humming along nicely, this week will be my last on the Admin team. I had planned to take my 'retirement' this time last year, however the vpmag.com hosting mishap - and subsequent need to re-establish the Board - dictated that I stick around for another year.

The last twelve years of the Sydney Airport Message Board have been nothing short of fascinating to be a part of, and the many hundreds of people I've met along the way have made it all incredibly worthwhile. There are far too many people to thank indvidually, but to everyone that's given their precious time to the moderating, operating, programming, organising and - of course - using of the Board, and attending its events: a very big 'thank you'!

I'll be handing the Board over to the very capable Kurt Ams, Dave Knudsen and Nathan Long on the Admin team, and I trust you'll continue to support them and the site as it enters its next phase.

Thanks once again for all your support.

Regards,

Will
Old 24th February 2009, 10:16 PM

No no.. THANK YOU!

Cheers Will, all the best with your future endeavours. I'm sure we'll see you 'round the place!

David.M.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:18 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

Will, Thank you for all your hard work over the years with the Message Board, it has been greatly appreciated. This is my 10 year as a member and I can honestly say you are handing it over in great shape, the level of contribution is high and the threads always have something to learn from.

Cheers Will.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:25 PM

Will,
I can only add my thanks to you for all the hard work and devotion you have put in to making this the great forum that it is. May your retirement mean that you have more time to devote to the passion that we all share.
All the best
Old 25th February 2009, 03:40 PM

There is a line here about 'the inmates running the asylum', that I could bring up, but we all know it would be too easy.

Best of luck Will up in the front office. Hope to traverse a few continents with you one day.

I still remember the day of the Concorde visit to Sydney and Luke and yourself walked through the Southern Cross Drive tunnel to try and get to the Tarmac tour and you ended up missing both, Concorde and the Bus. Funny funny stuff

Have fun mate in whatever you do.

Browneye

Whens the BBQ in Brisvegas Muzzdog??

Soon..
No where. Where should I go?
Old 25th February 2009, 03:56 PM

Thanks Will and all the best.
Old 25th February 2009, 04:29 PM

Thanks Will and good luck with your next ventures.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:22 AM

Thumbs up A job well done

Hi Will,

Just wanted to send a note of congratulations for a job well done over the years with the YSSY web site and message board. More than most, I appreciate the amount of work that was done and the many late nights spent responding to e-mails and phone calls. Your ongoing presence and shrewd insight into maintaining the ‘feel’ of the board over many years is the reason it has continued to be such a resounding success.

All the best,
Luke
Old 27th February 2009, 11:39 AM

thanks Will.
you efforts are much appreciated
good luck with your next chapter.

well done mate
Old 27th February 2009, 11:43 AM

Thanks so much for everything you have done on the forums and for the community Will.

I had never met you before the spotting weekend a few weeks ago, but when i did it reaffirmed what I had thought about you before- a genuine, down to earth aviation loving guy!

Was great to speak to you few weeks ago and hopefully see you sometime in the not too distant future either at the airport or on one of my next QF intl flights.

All the best,

Matt