Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th February 2010, 12:12 PM

Default Garuda Business class

Hey guys,

I am just wondering if anyone has any experince flying J class on GA's A330's. Am looking at the possibility of flying them up to DPS in September for my wedding!

Have never flowen GA international before, although I have domestically in Indonesia and was happy with that service.

I had a look around a/net and the only photo that popped up in my search of J class photos on GA's A330's was taken by Sam Chui! See link below.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Garud...243/1567965/M/

Any help would be great. I guess the only othe roption i'm looking at is JQ Star Class.

Cheers

M
Old 5th February 2010, 01:19 PM

Sam's trip report may help you out Mark!

http://www.samchuiphotos.com/Indonesia09/
Old 5th February 2010, 01:39 PM

Thanks Rhys, I should of known that were Sam has a photo he has a trip report!

I guess though I am more worried about the product on their A333. I understand this is signifcantly different to the new A332.

Cheers

M
Old 6th February 2010, 01:21 AM

Mark, the A333 J hard product is indeed significantly different to the one in the new 332s. Basically, it's two or three generations behind the new A332 -- a mid-nineties style product in a 6-abreast, 6 row cabin. The seats have very few modern amenities (recline is about the most notable feature), with an old-style looping PTV system with about 8 channels. They're comfortable enough for the day flight up to DPS though; wide armchairs with a seat pitch in the 50" region. I wouldn't imagine them being fantastic for sleeping.
In my experience, the soft product was good without being outstanding -- I had the Asian options which were all done quite well; I've heard less complementary things about the Western food but ex-SYD it shouldn't be too bad.
That being said, definately try for the A332 if you can. It's no great tragedy if you end up on the 333 as it's a day flight, but the 332 is better. If you call Garuda I'm sure they'd be able to advise you whether the -200 or -300 is scheduled on any particular day.
Old 6th February 2010, 01:26 AM

In fact, the booking engine on expedia.com.au differentiates between the A332 and A333 so you should be able to determine which model will be operating on your flight by doing a simple dummy booking.
Old 9th February 2010, 02:15 PM

Hi Mark

GA is in the phase of refurbishing the old A330-300s in the fleet , believe to the same standard of A330-200.

Just how long is unsure and their PR has confirmed the process have started but not able to advise which plane has the new config.

The current Business class still offer ample leg room when compare to Jetstar. 48" pitch vs 38 " pitch I believe.
Old 10th February 2010, 10:00 PM

Thanks for all your help guys. I flicked them an e-mail and will give them a call if I don't hear anything.

Cheers

M